5x7s I bought dont fit in the front doors!

BLouisGod

Thanks for the info guys, but shallow 5x7s or normal 4x6s will work, at least it sounds like it. Supers right, im not looking for a banging system...this truck is meant for wheeling not bling. Ive got a second car with all that @!*% it in it, 2000 watts of ICE. sssh

Here ya go...this is the functional prototype version 1. Got another way more complicated box in the plans. This one I fab'ed on the week-end, talkin 'bout it got me motivated to try somethin with them, which brings me to my point... be creative in your application, be carefull, and have fun. Sure 4x6 or 5x7 will provide just enough presence, but if you are goin to the trouble of takin' those panels off to change stock speakers, do your self a favor and up grade t the biggest thing you feel compfortable doin, the headroom is well worth it. My 6.5's are good but these 8's are kickin their ass! Next is to put them on a pure 50 watt RMS amp. But that is me, my advice is go bigger than stock, hope I gave you a couple of ideas is all, before someone goes jumpin all over me.

post-6-1165903121.jpg

If I were you id lay off on reading those crutchfield magazines.

I dont want you thinking that I havent use a dremel before so just look at the pics

by the way if youre an INVALID you shouldnt be getting anywhere near a dremel and most certainly giving any advice.

Do you research again . Heres a site that might get you more educated better than that crutchfield youre reading and things you hear from your homies.

http://www.autosound2000.com/

dremel.jpg

SuperSon, I would just like to say thank you for a few things. First, for directing me to a commercial website that is happy to sell me their product but even happier to charge me $3.50 to read an article on how to do anything, and every link leads to the same "solid state switches" persuasive essay. Second, thank you for the random photograph of all of those neat looking dremels. You have proven yourself to everyone that you are a master craftsman.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an invalid?

You talk about Crutchfield so much it makes me think that you're in love with it.

When I was in the third grade my teacher taught me an effective technique called "proofreading". Ever heard of it?

I can't speak for anyone else on this forum, but I appreciate it when people with whom I engage in conversation with read at least each and every post within the respective thread, but obviously you have not. Go back to page 1, post 13, and you will see that I said 6x9's DO need air space, yet on page 5, post 5, you told MWS "I hope you're not going to tell me 6x9's don't need air space".

I could go on all day with your inconsistencies, but people will get bored, so I request that you post a reply so that I can deal with them one at a time. Thank you.

• 9 months later...

So much ire over so little subject...my my my.

I have a pair of Pathy 5x7 carbon-fiber speakers installed in the dash of my van and they rock out on stock deck power from a malfunctioning Alpine CD player (display backlight died, volume knob sometimes turns volume up when you want it down, etc). :D You should see the mounting situation for my 6x9's in the back, I have a pair of what used to be horribly expensive ($250) Infinity 3-way speakers with completely trashed cones(left in the sunlight, the cones curled up and separated from the surrounds almost completely)...they're stuck to sheetmetal by the magnets and held up with bungee cords pointing forward. I also stuck in a cheeeeeap 200W amp and my 15" Audiobahn in the back. Nobody would ever think the old Tan Van could rock out with techno coming out the windows from the looks of it. ;)

Overall the whole thing cost me very little, looks terrible but sounds fine and the front-to-rear separation is awesome. :D Most importantly, it covers up the rattles of all the doors and windows when I hit bumps!

i bought sony xplod 4x6's and they were too small to mount to the plastic bracket in the doors. has any one else run into this, or am i just kinda dull?

Trust me! 5x7's bend the tabs on the speaker baskets and wa-la!! instant blissss! Boston Acoustics 5x7's rite off a sony deck, and they sound B-U-D ful!! :tongue:

• 4 months later...

1994 pathfinder xe

Im getting very confused here..

So are 4x6's or 5x7's in the front?

And in the back are 5x7's direct fit?

I'm reading diffrent threads with diffrent stories

Just trying to get what i can do strait with out any modifaction

I have yet to find aftermarket 5x7's that fit directly in the holes for the speakers in either of the 95's I've owned. I've had to trim to get them to fit, or have run 4x6's, even though the stock size is SUPPOSED to be 5x7.