Sites Been Hacked

RedPath88

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, dont want to barf anymore...

What is 127.0.0.1?

127.0.0.1 is the standard IP address used for a loopback network connection.

This means that if you try to connect to 127.0.0.1, you are immediately looped back to your own machine.

"127.0.0.1 xepxaxmxsu.biz"

Is the entry that IE users should add to their "Hosts" file, to prevent the code from being downloaded.

Any site listed within the hosts file tells IE to NOT retrieve anything from there... blocks that site/domain

And as I noted in the below post, all IE users really should (IMO) get an updated hosts file and keep it regularly updated

Dave add this line...

to your "hosts" file located in

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc  *if using XP

Or better yet, go HERE and download a new updated hosts file (replace the one on your system) and then add that line to the new file.

This will stop it completely by telling IE to not even connect to the offending site ;)

Remember to add both

127.0.0.1 zebxmzrbsx.biz

and

127.0.0.1 xepxaxmxsu.biz

to the bottom of the most current HOSTS file

Hosts files should be edited using Notepad (or another basic text editor and then simply save it. (do not change the name / do not add a file extention to the end)

*Any existing HOSTS file can be deleted, overwritten or renamed.

Got it, got it, got it...sorry. Bastards, anyway. I'd have gotten it sooner, but I was at work out of town all day. I tried calling IPB again today but neglected to call before they closed. Apparently we're in different time zones. Tomorrow morning I will get them on the phone ASAP to arrange for FTP access so I can fix this goddamn hacking problem. I sincerely apologize for the problems everyone has experienced...I don't like it any more than anyone else does. :(

hmm man i need to get my roommate on this from freshman year...one of his fav past times back then was to find hackers that $#&%ed with people and would rock their world...he did amazing things with the computer...which is way over my head...give me something mechanical with minimal electronics and i can do anything with it...computers are foreign to me...

Glad we have 88 and others that know whats going on... :beer: