tru lock?

Guest atom

I've got this 93XE that didn't come with an owners manual... the horror. There's a button that reads "tru lock" on the dash right next to the hazzards switch. Promise, I already did search for everythign including owners manuals on this cyte and others from google... no luck. Anyone know what it does? I imagine something great....

Ran a search for it on google... didn't find much, but there is a security company out there called "Tru-Lock." So I guess its possible it was a manually installed button put into the car for a security system? It could've been a security system for the car, or it could've been a security system for someone's house, so that when they left the house they could turn on the system from their car.

If when you hit the button it doesn't do anything, I'd definitely say its for a security system for a house. So unless you have a Tru-Lock security system on your house, its a pretty pointless button.

Edit: 2nd possibility

Went through a few more pages on google :P It turns out that the "all new 2007 Jeep Wrangler" has "Tru-Lock" differentials. So I suppose that if this tru lock brand made differentials for jeeps, it probably could've made them for pathfinders.

From http://www.jeepin.com/news/2007wrangler/:

"Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon models are equipped with Tru-Lock® front- and rear-locking differentials and feature a 4.10 axle ratio. Tru-Lock differentials provide low-speed maneuvering when climbing boulders and ascending steep inclines by evenly splitting torque between both wheels, forcing them to turn in unison for extra traction. Axle lockers may be easily toggled on and off by the dash-mounted switch. An optional Tru-Lock rear locking differential is available with all Jeep Wrangler X and Sahara models."

Edited by ~Ben~

It's a 5speed. I was also thinking it might be a locker or traction enhancement, but didn't want to jinx it... I've still got my fingers crossed. Like I said, it's brand new to me, and so I haven't had the time to do any offroading or even test it out with the back jacked-up. I did check the pumpkin out and it doesn't have a visible sticker, so I'm still not conviced its going to spin both tires in the back.

So far, still no clue, but I'll get a picture posted if anyone wants to see one, soon. Oh, and Ben, thanks for all that searchin, man. Werd. I love this forum btw, lots of constructive feedback :gossip:

Ok, its "inter lock" apparantly. It doesn't look like a hole filler, but maybe. I don't get to drive this yet, still working on the tags and registration. check it out:

interlock.jpg