Flashing interior lights/dash lights

94 Pathy

:help:

The other night I was going to work and the interior lights began to flicker off & on. The "door open" dash indicator light was flickering also. Sometimes it's on and sometimes it's off. I ended up shutting the dome light off and just delt with the underdash lights and the door open dash light. I checked some of the grounds and even took off the negative battery cable and cleaned the terminal and cable clamp off and put it all back together. Started the Pathy and went for a drive......I'm thinking now -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- YEAH, it's fixed. Didn't do anything all day, until later that night. F'er started back up flickering........WTH? :furious: Is there something I'm missing? Other connecters or something?

Thanks for all your imput! :beer:

Maybe the 4drs are different, but is it just the front dome light or is it the front dome AND the rear cargo light?

On my 2DR the front doors trip ONLY the front light but the rear hatch turns both lights on.

So... if both lights are turning on then I would agree with the above, check the rear hatch switch. But if it is only the front dome then you need to check the front switches.

I do not know how the rear pass doors effect the lights in the 4drs... as I have a 2dr ;)

You might try pulling and pushing on the doors from the outside and see if you can make the light(s) flash. If you can, then you have found the problem switch ;)