is there a reason for...

mikemike

Because the version of the forum we have is from 1963 and we cant do a damn thing with it. Because none of us have met this Mr Jim guy either (hardly). Because I like blue dammit!!

Multimedia hosting can be placed on the shoulders of all the free sites that specialize in that. Why should someone pay for the space when there are companies give it for free -thnkboutit-

That and Filthy Lurker made some space on his server available for such things. Take a look around and you'll find it... or wait for the "goog" to provide a link :lol:

yes and no...

it's kinda messy... but if you do happen to come across the page for becoming an official member, and you send your $10, dont be surpised when you dont get your own page in the member section. I'm sure the money goes to host the site, as we're still running, but the grand poo-bah here is MIA as far as online contact goes...

oh i see.. well i guess a bit more organization and this place owuld be a bit better off i guess.. if there was somebody who was willing opening up a online store could be a possibility. site take profit which is 10% of sale.

I could change the header and footer logos, but I chose not to since Jim did such a fine job of making them first. The skins are locked, I can't change them due to FTP access issues. Same with adding more smilies. The forum software needs a major upgrade and it's just not something I can do without the owner's password/access.

mikemike,

I hate to be "that guy," but you've hardly been here two weeks, and you're complaining about how the forums look? I for one find the simple look refreshing. It also fits very well with the whole overall theme of the forum and the Pathfinder - Function over form.

If the simple look of the forum bothers you that much, there are tons of other forums out there that are all fancy-schmancy, but you won't find 1/100th of the information on those forums, or the general sense of respect that we have here.

mikemike,

I hate to be "that guy," but you've hardly been here two weeks, and you're complaining about how the forums look?  I for one find the simple look refreshing.  It also fits very well with the whole overall theme of the forum and the Pathfinder - Function over form.

If the simple look of the forum bothers you that much, there are tons of other forums out there that are all fancy-schmancy, but you won't find 1/100th of the information on those forums, or the general sense of respect that we have here.

well hey, i dont really understand how the internet works, but i noticed that they were hosted by the same companie so i figured they just had the same abilities..