REAL EUROPEAN SPEC HEADLIGHT AND STRUT PNs

PATHFINDER95NI

OK GUYS I WAS GOING THROUGH AN OLDER NISSAN MOTORSPORTS CATALOG AND FOUND THESE PART NUMBERS FOR EUROPEAN SPEC (E-SPEC) PATHFINDER HEADLIGHTS:

B6060-88G00 - PATHFINDER EURO HEADLAMP

B6010-88G00 - PATHFINDER EURO HEADLAMP

I DONT HAVE THE PRICE ON THESE AS OF YET, BUT ONCE THE DEALER GETS BACK WITH ME ILL POST THE PRICE.

HERE IS THE PART NUMBER FOR THE E-SPEC TAILGATE STRUT:

90450-41G12 - COLD WEATHER STRUT (non - U.S)

THIS STRUT IS FOR THOSE OF US THAT LIVE IN THE COLDER STATES. YOU PROBABLY HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN THE WEATHER GETS COLD YOUR STRUTS WONT HOLD OPEN THE TAILGATE, AND PROBABLY HAVE HIT YOUR HEAD ONCE OR TWICE! ANYWAY THESE STRUTS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM. I CALLED A LOCAL DEALERSHIP AND THE PRICE IS $150 FOR EACH. THEY WILL TELL YOU ITS NOT A GOOD NUMBER BUT JUST BE PERSISTANT. IF ITS A FEMALE ASK TO SPEAK WITH A MALE COUNTER PERSON.

NICK

Thats is whats in my nissan computer here at work. If you like, our parts web address is Nissanparts.cc. Of course there is tax and stuff. I looked it up myself so im pretty sure. The struts are priced per each, not a pair.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

IF ITS A FEMALE ASK TO SPEAK WITH A MALE COUNTER PERSON.

NICK

hehehehehe

:P

:D

nah every now and then you get these crazy freak parts ladys who know everything..... ;)

Edited by sw

hehehehehe

:P

:D

nah every now and then you get these crazy freak parts ladys who know everything..... ;)

My experience is that way more often than not, the ladies are MORE knowledgable than the men. And far less arrogant when they're wrong. But that's based on only 30 years of data.

I will write down the specs from the catalog tomorrow. No, I have never seen anyone with them installed, but I have heard through the forums of people who have them. Maybe its poll time to find out who has them and how they work!

Oh yeah, and the woman that works in our parts department is way better than at what she does than at least 2 other guys. She will at least come out to the techs and admit she has no idea what something is and ask for help.

Have you seen what the advantages the Euro spec lights provide?  What type of bulb do they take?

THanks!

I havent seen the specs on this exact headlight, but I have seen write ups on Volvo, Saab, Corvette, and Impala headlights and every single one has said that the E-code (or ECE) headlights are a huge improvement over the DOT headlights. One of the reasons that the headlights are so good is because there is a distinct horizon that the headlights have that keep the light on the road instead of up in oncoming drivers eyes. I guess the reason that DOT headlights have so much glare is because DOT requires that the headlights have just enough light to light up overhead highway signs. I guess them being lit already is redundent :crazy: ? Anyway I figure E-code headlights are good all around.

I did call a dealership yesterday and they had to call Nissan NA. The guy called me back and said that Nissan NA will not ship the E-Code lights into the US if the vehicle did not already come with them. I have a cousin that is living in Japan so Im gonna give him a call to see if maybe he can get his hands on them.

Can your dealership get them in? I tried your website and put the PNs in and got nothing. So the headlights are $150 through your dealership?

Thanks

Nick

I hate to be a nay-sayer, but anyone switching to e-codes should be aware that you may not pass inspections (if applicable) if your headlights are not DOT approved.

Just my $.02

Yes, yes you are right, a very important fact to bring up. I live in Denver and we dont have any of those inspections so Im not worried at all about that. From what I have read most of those type of inspections are in the northeast.

Thanks for bringing that one up.

Nick

Ok, inthe newest catalog, this is what it reads with the same part numbers-

Euro spec R & L headlamp assemblies, includes 55/60w H4 bulb.

In the older catalog, it reads this for the same part numbers-

These pathfinder/WD21 Euro headlamps have an improved lens assembly for increased lighting output. Equipped wih 60/55w bulg but will accept aoptional H4 bulbs. Wiring modifications requires. Adapter included with each lamp assy. It is suggested that you upgrade the headlamp fuse by 5A.

Availibel bulbs are...100/80w...130/90w....140/100w.

Ok, inthe newest catalog, this is what it reads with the same part numbers-

Euro spec R & L headlamp assemblies, includes 55/60w H4 bulb.

In the older catalog, it reads this for the same part numbers-

These pathfinder/WD21 Euro headlamps have an improved lens assembly for increased lighting output. Equipped wih 60/55w bulg but will accept aoptional H4 bulbs. Wiring modifications requires. Adapter included with each lamp assy. It is suggested that you upgrade the headlamp fuse by 5A.

Availibel bulbs are...100/80w...130/90w....140/100w.

Excellent, so its showing they still are being manufactured. Is there a way you know of on how to get them into the States since Nissan doesnt seem to want to do it/

Nick

Good reading there. I was following that project up untill Mike abruptly stopped it but some how I missed the headlight conversion. Ill see if I can find his email and get his comments on how he liked the conversion.

Nick

I have a couple sets of Hella European lenses in other vehicles.

The e-spec is a more precisely focused beam, so the road in front is much better lit. But, lighting to the sides is dramatically reduced, and NO light goes upward at all.

That is a royal pain when trying to read street signs at night, or any signs on the side of the road that are not self lit. I have taken to carrying a portable spotlight for that. You also get less visible warning of animals on the side of the road about to bolt in front of you.

That is probably why they are not legal in the US... the average driver here would probably stop in the middle of the road (or freeway) and get out to read if they couldn't read a sign...

So yeah, I love the extra light, but miss being able to read street signs when hunting through new neighborhoods.

Hey MWS nice ride! If my poor eyes are correct that's a Duc you're on, right? Sold my MV and Ducs and have none now! :)

Anyway, you're right, the Euro lights have an extreme cut off but it's nice to have so much light on the road. I was thinking of just using HID's which only draw 35w but the light scatter has me scared about blinding on coming traffic even if they are aimed properly.

I might just end up trying the better bulbs for marginally better lighting.

Thanks! That was my Triumph Daytona T595..... The third sexies MC of the 90's, and the only one I could afford!

1) 916

2) MV

3) T595

Also, the only one I could ride for more than 30 minutes without a handful of Vicodin...