Pathy needs a diet!

cdhicks99

you mean you just want to lighten it up a bit?

take the tire carrier off. does it have one?

remove back seats

put a smaller fuel tank on it or don't fill er up :P

hell.... cut the roof off if yer feelin really frisky -bounce- P...

Yes.

No rear carrier.

The kids gotta ride somewhere.

Maybe a fuel cell.....great idea

I do not wanna chop the top.

umm. well.. there's not much else besides the motor that weighs anything on them...... got a big ol stereo or huge tool box?

I have had many ideas for this along with some from other sites.

My first step will be replacing the rear 5 windows with MR10 bronze tinted Lexan. That should offset the weight I am adding to the rear. Removing "unnecessary" steel from the frame and body should shave a hundred lbs or so. The A/C components probably weigh in excess of 75 lbs altogether. Hopefully I can make some molds for the front fenders to make them out of fiberglass. I have also thought seriously about pinching the rear about 8-10" that would probably save some more.

I'm not a fan of removing carpets because the echo drives me nuts. But if need be later on I can look for a lighter type of floor covering, and maybe even a pair of racing seats for the front and rear........

Rear door is pretty heavy. Replace door with a swing-out tailgate made of tubing. You said you were not a fan of cutting the top, this mod would leave interior exposed to the elements as well.

How wide are your tires? Can you get performance you are looking for from tall narrow tires vs. wide tires?

Rear door is pretty heavy. Replace door with a swing-out tailgate made of tubing. You said you were not a fan of cutting the top, this mod would leave interior exposed to the elements as well.

How wide are your tires? Can you get performance you are looking for from tall narrow tires vs. wide tires?

You could put a light skin on it and a good rubber gasket around the body opening to keep the elements out :shrug: