Setting up shop

Precise1

Well, a few months ago I moved into a place with a 2 car garage for the first time in years. Since I only have 3 or 4 major projects to work on, I decided to look for a small lathe so I could do more work...

Well, I found a mill instead !! 2hp, with stand, coolant system, powerfeed in X, R8 collets and a few vices. All for less than a grand !

Here's the details for the gear heads...

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1007

I have some work to do, but it is basically little used and in sound shape. It was a bit of a handful to pick it up by myself, but I dealt with this kind of thing before. :shrug: Soon I'll have my home shop together and start producing things :aok:

Still looking for a small lathe... ;)

B

post-25-1156809804.jpg

so what kind of "things" will you start producing B?

Pieces, parts and stuff... I have a few in mind for the Pathy's though. No comments till I get there though... ;)

LOL Slick, yeah, skids could be made but it would take a while to bend them right. Better count on an overnighter... :D

B

Slick is going to send you the TM Front Axel drop bracket off her new 91. We need you to make several copies, to supply those of us not doing a SAS

LOL, that sounds pretty straightforward... Didn't know that Slick has 2 now ! :o

Slick, the only lawn is front so I think you better use the spare bedroom... ;)

I was cleaning it up today (and yesterday, and tomorrow) and it's in as good shape as I thought it was. Still a bit to be done and getting that lathe I'm looking for (and set up) but I'll have shop set up well before winter. There are a few ideas, but it seems like a bolt up Quest alternator kit would be a good one to start with...

:beer:

B

How about some MAF Adapter plates? Underdrive pullys? Supercharger Adaptor Plate sly with drive belt Pullys???

Long list sorry....

You could even bore out and make the Throtle bodies a little bigger, with a butterfly plate to match.....

???

:shrug:

B

lol. or even a bracket for a HIGH output alternator. as in a quest most likely still wont handle what I'm going to be throwing at the electrical system. so I might need a bigger one. and now that I think about it you wouldnt know the measurments of the alt and thus cant help me so I retract this statement. :idea: sooo a quest alt bracket would still kick ass B)

:hide::hide: *sighs*