Snorkel

88VTpathy

I've noticed some peeps have some snorkels on their rigs, but can't seem to find any. Can anyone help me out w/ a link? I'd prefer not to have to redneck engineer it, but if needed, ductape has always been a good thing.

there is NO snorkel that you can buy for a VG30i. the arb will mount up, but you will still have to make a custome airbox for it.

I rednecked a snorkel for my VG30i. it works great. but theres no real use unless your ECU is relocated and you have electric fans.

No real use period for the 87-89 engines. Air filter housing isn't water tight, so you'd have to replace that like trailboss did. Plus I think there's something else that would need to be sealed but I can't think of what it is right now...

Figured as much, almost drowned the pathy today and figured I'd give it a thought.

OH, and FYI if you ask your co-pilot which hole is deeper, and he says... I dunno the left one. Get a stick and check, or just go around till you know.

heh...if its ure truck dont ask some1 else...i almost got in trouble doing that and knowing my luck i checked and i woulda been bad stuck...i had about a 3ft longstick and couldnt feel the bottom of 1 side the other was like 2 ins deep...

ironic part i saw a humvee stuck in the same hole in 4x4 mag. like a month later with a "student driver" tag on it

The airbox on a VG30i can be waterproofed. I shaved and sealed mine without doing too much to it.

88 you're always making me look bad! Didn't you say before that you'd have to weld some stuff shut to make these engines waterproof? :confused:

I *did* weld a couple of things on mine, but you could do the same thing with silicone and some booty-fabbing. ;)

Yep, just get a 2" clamp on plumbing cap and plug off the hot air pickup and then remove and cap the vac line to the actuator.