Gotta Get New Tires

Im going to have to purchase new tires this year, before winter. I have a 97 pathy se, and i want to put some 31s on. I also want a different rim than what i currently have installed. I have no lift at this time but am planning to install AC 2" coil lift once i got some $$ for the coils and hubs. Unlees i can get a tested 3-4". I want a greater offset with my rims, also would like the tires to stick out more, but im afraid that i wont be able to install the 31' because of the flares and fuel line bracket that’s in the passenger side wheel well. So what im asking is what has been tested and what am i looking at for problems. If i need to move that :furious: fuel bracket, damn it i will. Id like to stay with a 7X15" rim. I love the look of 96pfinderSE rig ( :aok: very nice man), and want mine similar. Any and all info would be appreciated, as well as pics and links to check out.

Thanks.

P. Rookie

It sounds like you've done some research on this, kudos. :aok:

I had 31s mounted on my stock wheels without issue. They sat level with the fenders (sans flares) and didn't rub at all. With your SE wheels, you can do the same.

If you want to stick out more, I'd upgrade to a 15x8 wheel (so when you lift the truck you can put 32s without changing wheels again) with 4" backspacing.

I have a stock 97 XE with flares. I have the stock wheels currently with 31x10.5 BFG A/T's. The only issue with any rubbing at all is at full lock I get a bit of the tread rubbing the inside lowest point of my fender wall. It just barely rubs, and poses no real risk other than some premature wear on the innermost treadblock. I'll be getting some new rims soon anyways though.

Thanks Max man. I checked that site, found a couple that i like in black, but my fav only comes in white, oh well. The only problem is i live the stick in canada and shipping tends to get expensive. Im going to check the wreckers see what they got. Some sand blasting and pouder coating, she’ll be like new. Take her easy, and thanks again.

Hi guys. I have had 31's on my pathy since i got it. Stock suspesion never had any troubles.

I had BFG A/t's on until last week. I now have Kumho 834 MT's on without a problem.

They are an awsome tyre at a great price. It has made heaps of difference off road.

Alright After looking at many wheels, ive found a couple ive liked, one problem though, the backspacing only come in 3.75" and 4.75", how is this going to affect the 31's i want. Do i need a 4" backspacing for the 15x8 or do i have room to play?

P. Rookie