my first pathy

adamzan

Although it needs alot of work, Im already enjoying it, It was a gift from my dad.

I can tell that im gonna have alot of fun with this truck and that it'll last me a while whenever i finally get her road legal again.

94 SE with all the goodies and the tire carrier with bike rack :D

Edited by redfinder

Some one told me ''thats gonna cost you like 2000 to get road legal again"

I said screw em i got it for free and my max amount to spend is 5000. (also need to replaced cracked windshield for ontario safety)

Oh and on the doors in the pic it looks like rust but i checked it out ITS GREASE!!

All of the doors and the back hatch were greased on the inside and all around so they are in great shape like the rest of the body!!

One last thing, has anybody else had the problem of the tire carrier rattling like crazy when you shut it or drive on bumpy roads?

One last thing, has anybody else had the problem of the tire carrier rattling like crazy when you shut it or drive on bumpy roads?

A quick fix is to cut a piece of vacuum hose and wedge it between the flat parts of the hinge so that the carrier presses against it when shut. Mines been like that for about three years w/o rattling.

Thanks for the tip, do you know the reason for it becoming so loose in the first place? We did have a bike rack on it before that held three bikes but i didn't think that was the problem.

Edited by redfinder

thanks alot, you guys respond really fast and i appreciate that

Ive got another question. Some of the 94 pathfinders i see have a more cury dash than mine and others I have seen. Also the manual states that its a 94 yet in some of the repair bills i got with it state its a 93 this is really confusing although i think its a 94. Are there any major differences between the 2?

Edited by redfinder

Thanks for the tip, do you know the reason for it becoming so loose in the first place? We did have a bike rack on it before that held three bikes but i didn't think that was the problem.

The bushings (or maybe its the pins) wear out. There's a How-To thread around here somewhere. Try the search feature.

upgrade my steering whats wrong with the stock stuff? speaking of which , i get a clickety clack coming from the front end when i turn as sharp as she goes.

Stock steering on Pathfinders (and about any IFS truck) just does not hold up the real off-road running.

Don't get me wrong, many people including myself run it and it works for the most part but you can expect to replace tie rod ends and ball joints and unless you buy or build an idler arm brace, you can expect to be replacing that too at some point (iirc that is around a $100 part)

Lifting your Pathy will usually increase the wear on said parts.

If you do intent on serious off-roading and can swing the money for an upgrade, it would not be a bad route to go. :aok:

The clicking you hear may just be the steering stops being worn… not anything to really worry about... just don’t steer to lock ;) It is not recommended to turn your wheel all the way to lock anyway, it can be hard on the power steering pump -thnkboutit-

Edited by RedPath88

thanks alot, you guys respond really fast and i appreciate that

Ive got another question. Some of the 94 pathfinders i see have a more cury dash than mine and others I have seen. Also the manual states that its a 94 yet in some of the repair bills i got with it state its a 93 this is really confusing although i think its a 94. Are there any major differences between the 2?

Check you title or registration.. that will tell you what year your truck really is :)

I don't plan on using it for any real off roading because after my final highschool year I'll need it for my 45 minute drive to college.

The registration says 93 but on the truck itself theres a sticker on the door that says its a 94. I must own the only 94SE pathfinder with the more boxy dash

My dad never changed any steering components, shocks, or anything other than the starter, alternator, and a rad hose. I like the adjustable shocks so ill be keeping them. I also like the E-AT tranny thing

Oh and there was some bill in the little black nissan book about the stabilizer joint or something being broken but not repaired by the choice of the owner????

Edited by redfinder

Thanks Extreme90Path. Man this truck is a tank, you can put it through anything. When i first got it I took it through my friends trail just once to see what it could handle. It plowed through everything, IN 2WD most of the time. And this mud was up almost to my knees, plus this pathy is bone stock. Of course i got it completly covered in mud :D but i powerwashed the truck off after...