Toyota FJ Cruiser

govols74n

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hah i post like an hour ago...and look what activity i have missed....

well im glad you like your denali....

how many cars do you have? and wow, honestly im suprised that it gets better MPG than your pathy, i mean i thought they were always like borderline 15mpg or less......

-sam

2) It actually does really well on the beach

what, ur saying that it can drive onto the beach? or that cuz it holds a lot u can take all your things to the beach..... i was just confused by this comment.....

if i were to buy a $53000 vehicle, i believe i would buy an FJ, then spend some cash on lifting it and makeing it into the fully capable offroad machine it can/should be.....

Ive takin it on the beach quite a few times, my only complaint is the damn front bumper is so low:HPIM4584.jpg

That's it for my cars, the rest of my money goes towards rum and boat stuff.

Edit: Oh yeah, as far as mileage goes, I get about 15 in the denali and about 10.5 in the r50. Pulling a 42ft boat I get 10.5 in the denali, and like 4 in the pathy. But last time I towed that with the pathy, I think I almost killed it.

Edited by OBXbeachpathy

I used to get mad at rich kids. Then I realized it's really just stupid and a waste of energy. It's not their fault their parents spoil em. As long as they aren't pricks (which I don't think OBX has been) then who cares. I'm working my butt off right now so that if and when I have kids they can be more spoiled than I ever could have imagined. It's what every parents want for their kids.

And I have to say...super surprised to see such a clean pathy owned by an 18 year old. Kick ass.

so that if and when I have kids they can be more spoiled than I ever could have imagined. It's what every parents want for their kids.

You said it dude :clap: , That's my goal in life, and I havent even started college yet.

And thanks, I try to kee it clean, but the mud comes out of nowhere. :shrug:

Plastic "bumpe"rs is one thing that X-terra's have and will probably never get rid of. have you seen a honda element? from the rockers up it has plastic,(some models) quarter panels are half plastic. And I do believe that Chevy took away the plastic on the avalanch for more than just one reason.

Any car with plastic undercladding will look like crap, be it some Jeeps, Xterras, Avalanches, anything.

It saves the manufacturer money when in production, and they market it as "tough" when it's obviously not so it doesn't flop.

Chevy took away the plastic on the Avalanche because it looked like @!*%, plain and simple. The Avalance looked better without it, but it was still an Avalanche.

To be honest I don't mind Avalanches. *ducks* They are an excellent choice for people who live in the city, and don't want to drive a 4door long box truck. The mid gate, I think is quite innovative. If the front looked nicer, I wouldent mind owning one... oh and the 6L engine... welp, i t will kick my pathy's butt in power, and it gets better gas. So yeah, I like it. Like I said, I think they are a great alternative for those who want "SUV" type of passenger room, and power of a full size truck, mixed w/ hualing your crap around in the back.

Oh, and the new 5.3 L V8 w/ 320 HP gets 21.3mpg... so yeah. That's way better than me. :)

You are right OBx you can still get them with the plastic. And I also have seen advertisments for the new Honda element and the newer models shown do not have all that crappy plastic. So I stand corrected. And I never said I did not like the chevy avalanch itself. I think it is a good all-around truck. My worktruck is a 04 Chevy 2500 HD with the 6.0 L and yes it does have a bunch of power but do not be fooled about the gas mileage. I keep spreadsheets at work for my work trucks and it is getting 12.5 average highway. granted it has weight in it alot of the time (varies between 50lbs and 4000lbs :o but even unloaded it gets 14-15 if you stuck around 55 (which you can not do around here or you will get run-over). People cannot believe the sticker or the advertisements stating that vehicles get this good gas mileage b/c they still rate these vehicles according to standards way back when the speed limit was 55. Not only that but they consider the gas mileage under ideal conditions like flat terrain no wind resistence and the test drivers have light feet on the pedal I guarentee you. This day and age you could not sell a truck stating that it gets 10mpg city and 12-14 mpg highway.. -thnkboutit- Do not get me wrong I love my Chevy for the power etc but dam it is so dam expensive.

I bought it from him a week and a half ago. It was a legit sale, I paid 26 for it. So yeah, it's mine now. :D

So if you have never worked, did you just give him back $26k of the money he gave you? :P:laugh:

LOL, holy crap I love spoiled kids (and by love I mean hate).

Anyway... you guys should check out this months issuse of Truck Trend and what they have to say about it, they tested the H1A, Titan No Fear edition, FJ, and Xterra. And for the record, the x has a half inch more GC then the Fj.

Edited by FLApathy