Pathy out of Comission!

94 Pathy

-bounce- -bounce- -bounce-

I have my Pathy back home and safe! $565.00 later. New bolts, Rancho 5000 series shocks all around, and an alignment. Don't ask why they put shocks all around! :shrug: I told them just the front two. Oh well, the main thing is I've learned my lesson and have my Pathy back! :aok: Time to give her a wash and admire... :beer: -alcohol-

:angry:

No, the bastards threw them away. I was wanting to keep the rears on and use or sell the new ones. I just put those on with the lift kit about a year ago. To be honest with ya, I really don't care for the Rancho's. I liked the CALMINI's better. The ride is totally different. The Rancho's are bouncier. I prefer the tighter suspension/bounce. Maybe the tighter the worse it is on the components ?:shrug:

I'm just glad I have her back!

Once the bonus check comes in, the steering upgrade will be going in along with the body lift and exhaust. Through hell or high water, they will be done by this Fall/Winter. :aok:

:o

Sorry Precise.....Didn't get to check them out. I'll give them a call to see if they recall..that's if the guy that worked on it is there today.

I think I was rapped over the shocks......$70 each. :nono: I knew that most of it was going to be labor. Breaks down as follows:

labor removing bolts---$80.43

Labor installing UCA---30.94

4 wheel alignment---$69.00

Shocks---$66.68 each $266.72

Replacement bolts for UCA---$16.66

GRAND TOTAL of $565.63 :oops:

I wish I had more time to do it myself, but these last few weeks have been way too busy....Oh well!

There you have it folks! :beer:

Not for 5000's. They're $38 each. Damn, I'd get pissed at that shop. They replaced stuff without your approval, then they tossed the old parts? That's against 99% of repair shops procedures. It is a charge-em-and-see-if-they-check-the-bill kinda thing that rip-off shops typically do. I bet they kept the rear shocks.

Sorry Precise.....Didn't get to check them out.

Understood. My concern was that the threads were abused from having loose or overtorqued bolts. This could mean stripping down the line. No trying to worry you, but it is something I'd have checked for. :shrug:

Agreed with the shock crap. Get a print out of what you can get the shocks for and go back. Ask for the $ difference (and cost of 2 rear shocks you didn't want) back. A shop should always be able to buy for the same and less than you can. Then they charge you 'retail' and pocket the profit. You know you have found an honest mechanic when he has no issue with you supplying your own new parts... ;)

B