Rusty Frame....Still hanging in there!

Dewders

I haven't been here for a LONG time, and I still see there are enough bitches about those rotten a## frames! Has anyone come up with a decent solution or repair yet? Mines still hangin in there, but it's sounding awfully funny over the railroad tracks! Still running like a champ with 235,000 on the body! I'll just keep going until she folds in half some day.

well i had a severe case of rptten frame cant beleive it was still drivin only thing holdin my gas tank on was the rear mounts and the panhard rod and shock mounts........

but a few months ago i found myself a parts pathy (before i new frame was bad on mine) anyways this parts truk that i picked up for 200 buxx had 527,000 km on it and to my surprise the frame was absolutely mint i mean prestine so a buddy and i over 3 weekends did a farme swap, body lift, and jgc coils and now my truk is as good as new or better maybe..... cant figure out how many hours i spent researchin the aspects of doin all the work was but id say 99% of the info i gathered was from here.......

alot of people said i was crazy for even attemptin the swap most of them told me to cut and run but that wasnt an option for me anyways didnt mean to ramble just wanted to shed light and take an opertunity to thank all who share and info on this site

:bow: this is the best site i have ever found :clap: thanx to all again :beer:

Check your crossmember right where the rear tire is, mine was making funny noises too, turns out it was the broken off crossmember hitting the differential. Not a pretty picture but im still working on finding a solution to my problem too.

Edited by redfinder