Headlights Help!

rennwerkes

Folks,

Still have not found a replacement set up for my Pathfinder.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a headlight set up for my Pathfinder that is the universal 200mm type? I'm only looking for the buckets (the part that holds the headlamp) and the grille. What I'm trying to do is switch over to a Euro H4 setup. The stock lights on my 91 are absolutely terrible. I've already upgraded the bulbs but it's really the lighting pattern that's bad.

Thanks! :aok:

Thanks, good point.

Still, the stock reflector set up really hurts the light spread. :sniff:

Dude... don't mess with stock lighting too much. It's illegal and unsafe.

Here's a good link that's really worth while of a careful read to see what to do to actually improve lighting instead of making it seem brighter:

http://danielsternlighting.com/

I hear you but I'm not a kid nor am I unexperienced in this upgrade.

I don't plan on using 100w bulbs and the lights/lenses I plan on using are true Euro spec Hella's made in Germany. The lighting pattern is MUCH better without any light scatter that blinds oncoming traffic.

Believe me, I'm the first to discourage folks that just want the brightest lights possible without giving any consideration to oncoming traffic.

The nice thing about the Hella's is that they light up the entire road rather than what I have now, dark area's and lighted ones.

I also properly aim my lights after an install.

I hear you but I'm not a kid nor am I unexperienced in this upgrade.

I don't plan on using 100w bulbs and the lights/lenses I plan on using are true Euro spec Hella's made in Germany. The lighting pattern is MUCH better without any light scatter that blinds oncoming traffic.

Believe me, I'm the first to discourage folks that just want the brightest lights possible without giving any consideration to oncoming traffic.

The nice thing about the Hella's is that they light up the entire road rather than what I have now, dark area's and lighted ones.

I also properly aim my lights after an install.

:clap: nice to know you are at least responsible and carwe about who gets blinded... tho i have no clue where you can obtain the lenses you want.... soweeee

I have to say I like the idea of the conversion. I have been toying with the idea for a long time, I am just not sure how good it will look on a pathy but I have an Audi 4000 that I am actively working on upgrading... and on guy I know already did the projector style hid lighting set up on it... and from what I can tell it is quiet amazing... Me Likey...

but intill proper cash flow allows, what improved my pathy is:

1. Relay set up

2. Replaced Light housings. (old ones were fogged)

3. Silver Star Lights

4. Proper alignment (can affect light a ton)

and this works for now, but at some point (depending on cost, I am going to do a hid set up).

If and when you do it, you also have 2 options. you can go with a single style, which runs a cylenoid in the projector lens that actually modifies the light beam, so there isant a 2nd eliment inside or another light needed... or you can go w/ a duel set up to where it, runs an actual bright, and dim light... also you and or me will have to figure out a good way to replace the DOT light lense to something clear so that you have a guard against rocks and crap for the light, and make it look good at the same time...but anyhoo here is a linky to what I have found, and what I want to do...

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic....p=117968#117968

just my 2 cents....

Make sure you note the shipping on those before you bid...

SHIPPING & HANDLING, TAX & INSURANCE FEES

Flat Shipping & Handling Rate

- $ 38 (Domestic US 48 states)

- $ 48 (PO. Box & other states)*

- $ 53 (Canada)

- $ (International)**

Optional  Insurance Rate $ 6.00

Sales Tax 8.25% for CA buyers

* PO BOX & OTHER STATES : AK, HI, GU, VI, PR, PO Boxes, APO & FPO address

You're looking at the solution in my sig pic...hardbody grill, factory light buckets (junkyard or parts department--you're choice). It's plug-and-play...

Add the relays and change the headlight fuses from 20A to 5A to cover the relays. I did that years before I changed to 200mm Hellas and the voltage gain alone made a difference. Add Hellas and change your world!