CB Location?

Okay picked up my CB today ($5 Garage sale find!!) but have absolutely no idea where to stash it Just like an 1/8 inch too big for the center console, cubby beneath HVAC is taken up by XM receiver, not fitting in glove box, and I am NOT mounting it to my dash......Where does everyone keep their's?

I was thinking of shaving about 1/2 an inch off the front part of the inside area of the console, but are there any wires/other stuff I need to worry about? :confused:

I have mine now wedged between the center console and the passenger seat. Does fine when off road, I can still reach it, and it makes it very easy to unhook and hook it back up when I need to take it out of the truck. The mic I have hanging in the blank plate I have above the AC controls (under the middle right vent to the right of the rear defrost button)...Since I have no power options in the truck, I'm assuming on other Pathys, there's some sort of switch in that spot, but not on mine :) I used to have it in the stereo spot underneath my aftermarket head unit, but put the factory cubby box back in there underneath the head unit now to hold small stuff....so to the current position it went.

mine has a cig-lighter plug and I just keep it in it's little hardcase until I need it then plug it in and throw it between the seat and the center console.

th_console.jpg

sorry for the mess mines mounted on the side there couple guys i know keep em in the center console...

edit to add: thats on my r50 so obviously its different but i would just pick a spot run 2 wires... and put 2 screws on to hold it down

Edited by max_stryker

I have this blurry one...

Path_Video_Open.jpg

If you want to see something specific, lemme know, and I'll start a new thread and take some digital pics.