What is this...

Panhard bar drop down bracket??

BINGO!

Anywho.. been working on it.. building it a few times to fine tune the little things that make a difference.

I was going off a diagram floating around here for some of the measurements. Once the pan hard bar was removed I found a few of the measurements were different than expected. Not saying they were wrong.. just not what I was thinking when this unit was designed. Therefore you will see some areas where I had to weld in a gap in order to make this one work.

So here is beta 3... the next unit will be something that I would sell if someone is interested.

Here you can see how they evolved.

100_1749800x600.jpg

The last beta.. a few things to change here and there.. however what it will look like..

100_1745800x600.jpg

100_1747800x600.jpg

100_1746800x600.jpg

OK.. here is the one thing I didn't expect. The upper holes on the OEM mount are not aligned (about a half a hole off). The front upper hole needs to be either drilled, reamed or ground towards the tire (about 1/4 inch) in order for a bolt to go all the way through.

.This upper hole... .and... next pic...

100_1743800x600.jpg

This upper holes are not aligned.

100_1744800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

I will start a new thread with the final product here in a few days.. it will explain why it is built the way it is/price/etc...

I imagine it would have to be in a vender thread...

Edited by AK9849cy

One is done finally....and being that my rig is not lifted 3 inches in the rear.. just need to find a local lifted dd rig to test it on.

100_1755800x600.jpg

100_1756800x600.jpg

100_1758800x600.jpg

100_1757800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

I heard pink may be a color option

off topic 1 sec, Nunya this color better for you?

20f3vrs.jpg

see I had pink parts too way back, might be why I never installed these !! LOL

back on topic, sorry

Edited by ahardb0dy

• 1 month later...

could somebody explain the problem associated with not having a rear panhard drop bracket? I've been running my 3" lift for about a year now without it. So far, I haven't had any problems. It will be an inch higher in a couple of weeks. I don't know if this will change anything.

Like the video hints... the rear end tends to wag back and forth. This is noticed the most when speed bumps are hit at a medium speed. Also the more angle on the panhard the more it pulls the axle to the passenger side of the vehicle. Thus the tire sticks out more on the passenger side of the rig...

Edited by AK9849cy