95 pathfinder summer project

95redpath

So I started my suspension on the finder and the moog upper ball joints Dont fit the supper lift uca's..im hoping I just received the wrong ball joints, I'm gonna do a little more investigating tomorrow morning, has anyone used them with the uca's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

My HD rear links from ruggedrocks will be here this week. Then that's the last major thing. Decided not to do the rear locker and the electric fan

• 2 weeks later...

So I have the rebuilt vg33 in my 95 pathy, iv read it's normal to have white smoke until everything sets in but I wanted to see what you guys Thought? And how long dose it normally take? It only has about 60 miles on it now but since I'm still working on it I only run It once or twice a week.

The front is pretty much done just gotta do a final over look to make sure everything is in order. a5c9a791591b7f69407d37d9792bed62.jpg

You havent had any problem with the Moog joints leaking grease? I read some reviews on amazon about them on their d21 claiming at full lock it exposed the grease pocket inside.

Those tended to last about 6 months to a year on mine. Sure they're lifetime warranty but I hated changing them every season.

Those tended to last about 6 months to a year on mine. Sure they're lifetime warranty but I hated changing them every season. The issue is the boots don't seal that well, and they crack/fall off. I literally ran one with no boot for a few months. The old ones were better. Now I just buy acdelco or raybestos.

Edited by adamzan

• 3 weeks later...

Wow those links are nice! I replaced the bushings in mine and would rather buy the HD links next time. I still have a bit of rear end steer when I am on and off the gas at highway speeds.

I have a 3in Calmini lift, I installed a bit lower profile bump stops for upper and lower, and also installed T case bushings that dropped it a bit to help with CV angle a tad. mine almost bind slightly when at full droop on a lift. I am careful about driving it in 4x4 and taking weight off a tire. Have never had a CV problem. I have replaced them once because of torn boots.

My biggest problem has been ball joints. I eat up about 1 set a year. They do not like the off roading/ maxed out angle. Your pathy looks great! I love a nice Red pathy like mine!! What intake do you have? I also have a VG33, running on the stock ECU and intake with a full exhaust and cams. I have a mechanical rear locker, I like it, but the play in it drives me a bit nuts on the highway. I am not sure of there was too much lash in the gear when it was assembled, or if that is just what these lockers are like, but you have to let the drive line take a set nicely with the clutch, before putting much power into it. I would love to move to an ARB so I can switch it off, but this locker has been fine with tire wear and road use.

Why did you decided against the E-fan? I am looking to install one as I have an upgraded alternator and my Fan clutch is shot.

Edited by djeffrey