Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

Matching our shoes with a cool trail and camping in Big Bear.
vSSeYR7.jpg
pVpoG8i.jpg

Those Toyota 4Runner TRD take offs look great on the R50. I trialed them on mine & was surprised how sharp they looked.
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, R50JR said:

Nice huaraches!

Haha Gracias @R50JR! Had them for many years now. My exclusive summer camping shoes and barely showing signs of wear. 
Thanks @RainGoat! I think I got the idea from you last year. Didn’t you post a pic with FJ and T4R wheels? Well they fit and look great and, luckily, some Toyota guys are eager to get rid of them.

• Like 1

Thanks [mention=40800]RainGoat[/mention]! I think I got the idea from you last year. Didn’t you post a pic with FJ and T4R wheels? Well they fit and look great and, luckily, some Toyota guys are eager to get rid of them.

Yep, 4Runner guys are hot to buy the Pro wheels & the market gets flooded with the TRD Off-Road wheels for cheap since there’s little to no demand. Toyota’s too cheap to provide a matching spare so I bought a set & broke it up amongst 4 TRD Off-Roads that were keeping their OEM wheels & wanted to replace the spare steelie. My FJ 8Holes came off an FJ that put TRD Off-Road take offs on (he also took one of the spares).5404b30f453f87fecd503b49555310fe.jpg
  • Like 2

Man, with the bumper and the wheels I bet a lot of people don't look too close and compliment you on your 4runner all the time. 

Edited by Jotegir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

16b27bae95833c0f66e44026c594e081.jpg
be14d9b9e78136b27dec52e723842f98.jpg
5b83c45be50f29a9c1c23c87e8dd7044.jpg

A new addition to the barn this summer - these are day of sale pics. My goal had been a clone of my Pathy for eventual total parts interchangability or in house donor. An ‘02 would also get me the best OEM LS & a cabled throttle. I only had a limited time to purchase & overhaul it before it would be out of town for a year or so. [mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] spotted this one & a month later we had inspected it and I bought it.

It’s the exact same exterior color & built just one month after my Pathy. The tan interior doesn’t match my Pathy & all my spares - plus it will make it harder to obscure gear left in the truck - but overall, I’m happy to have it. Only 123K & once we maintenance it & freshen the suspension, it should last a long time. Let the overhaul & modding begin!

Many thanks to [mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] who has been heavily involved in every step of this process. As you can see - I didn’t even get it home before we’d removed the brushgaurds & he’d polished the headlights back to clarity.
4a210291909b518c81b5671ec22ce919.jpg
10f2ff73287fba208e946a0151b22b60.jpg
b2c7bba33b807162868dc3fc2f39a867.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

946e595ee903277fee729dcf1dd0a51e.jpg

It looks GREAT in person. This was just one of the many shuttle runs we’ve done between Portland & Seattle to exchange parts. Here, @02_Pathy donated his old Falkens to me when he upsized on his rig. Watching him drive away, I can’t help but think it’s probably the best looking R50 out there!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

It’s an MCC from Australia-bought & shipped out of New Zealand. It looks great!

Yes, raingoat, we already know the brand and where it came from. @02_Pathy has repeatedly avoided all requests to reveal his source for a seller. No idea why, but its pretty childish and selfish. He gains nothing from not telling the r50 community.