Another WTF is it question

90pathy2door

Always with informative information! Good Job!

Anyway, it appears to the the VSS control module(keyless entry/security system). It is supposed to be mounted under the drivers seat, but maybe somewhere someone got lazy. Look at it here....post #7 shows it...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19755

Anyway, it appears to the the VSS control module(keyless entry/security system). It is supposed to be mounted under the drivers seat, but maybe somewhere someone got lazy. Look at it here....post #7 shows it...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19755

Thank you for the serious response.

I guess cause the last owner took out the carpet and was wheeling this vehicle with the windows down etc,he needed it up and out of the way of mud/water etc.

Could have been an A-hole and just told him too search like most people do? Least with my answer I was being a smartass and it made me laugh.

Oh well, back too being helpful.

• Like 1

Could have been an A-hole and just told him too search like most people do? Least with my answer I was being a smartass and it made me laugh.

Oh well, back too being helpful.

And i would probably told you to stick it up ur a$$...just so we are clear on everything.

• Like 1

Ok, ok, no need to get in a pissing match.

OP, what you were questioning, was not much of a SEARCH situation. There are some questions that are asked, such as, how do I lift my pathfinder?, that have been asked too many times to count. A quick search and someone may of found the answer that they needed. Your question was a bit more difficult and you would of searched for days and possibly missed it. Sometimes searching is the correct response and if it applied, it would of been a good suggestion. That way, unuseful posts dont clutter a good thread.

It makes sense that it was moved so water didnt interfere with it. Im wondering the the ECU that is under the passenger seat was moved also?

OP, what you were questioning, was not much of a SEARCH situation. There are some questions that are asked, such as, how do I lift my pathfinder?, that have been asked too many times to count. A quick search and someone may of found the answer that they needed. Your question was a bit more difficult and you would of searched for days and possibly missed it. Sometimes searching is the correct response and if it applied, it would of been a good suggestion. That way, unuseful posts dont clutter a good thread.

It makes sense that it was moved so water didnt interfere with it. Im wondering the the ECU that is under the passenger seat was moved also?

Havn't really looked yet.

but the pathfinder stopped runnigng after the last owner was mud bogging it.

I can get it to turn over but doesn't fire up.I will have to check everything to see what may have gotten wet.

Someone I know saw him that day and said it quit a few times on him.Last time it quit was on his way home and never started back up.

And as far as the other question,not knowing what it was,how would i search for it.That is reason for picture.

Just so nismothunder understands my reasoning

If you bought it not running, checking out the ECM may not be a bad idea on a place to start. There are a few members who have tried the submarine modification around here. Lets just say it didnt work out too well!

If you bought it not running, checking out the ECM may not be a bad idea on a place to start. There are a few members who have tried the submarine modification around here. Lets just say it didnt work out too well!

ECU is in dash.Smart guy i reckon..lol

Move on to distributor tmrw

And i would probably told you to stick it up ur a$$...just so we are clear on everything.

You should have searched. period. Honestly...you will understand when you get to the point where you've answered these questions a billion times sooner or later... I understand this was difficult considering you didn't know what it was, but just for future reference ;). When identifying things like that, I try to either find markings on it, or trace back the wires & compare to the wiring diagrams..

Last time I checked... nismothunder>new guy....keep that in mind ;)

If you're having trouble getting it to run/start, check the basics of an internal combustion engine, compression, spark, fuel, air and the like before looking much further for the crazy bugs and such, if he sucked up some water, its possible there could be serious engine damage resulting in one of the above not happening.

Edited by OldSlowReliable

You should have searched. period. Honestly...you will understand when you get to the point where you've answered these questions a billion times sooner or later...

If you're having trouble getting it to run/start, check the basics of an internal combustion engine, compression, spark, fuel, air and the like before looking much further for the crazy bugs and such, if he sucked up some water, its possible there could be serious engine damage resulting in one of the above not happening.

I would have searched but you tell me what I should have searched for?

I may be new but I am not stupid and some young idiot with smart mouth.

I even took picture for reference..your welcome..I made it real easy to answer.Esp since if I searched for black nissan box on steering column wouldn't have produced much results don't you think since it was moved from under the seat?

yeah,thought so

Truck has mud all over and in it.It was hard clay and not sunk beneath it.

It turns over but doesn't start.fuel/spark check will be done tomorow.

Thanks alot

Edited by 90pathy2door
  • Like 1

i agree with you... i would not have known what to search for. some random black box id be confused to. the only thing i would done was look in my chiltons book... but it wouldnt have been in the right location anyway... so. yeah. :)

ECU is in dash.Smart guy i reckon..lol

Move on to distributor tmrw

Was it in the glovebox? thats the most popular place to put it when doing some water activities.

There is no math in the world that would support that. At least the new guy posted a picture, and was fairly clear about what he was asking. He did not start this thread to help his no start, just wanted to know what he was looking at.

I even took picture for reference..your welcome..I made it real easy to answer.Esp since if I searched for black nissan box on steering column wouldn't have produced much results don't you think since it was moved from under the seat?

yeah,thought so

Thanks alot

No worries man! Good luck getting it running and if you need more help, just ask!

that sums it up

You guys better settle down before the man in pink (nunya) comes in here to clean up.

don't give me a reason to use some power!

I honestly would have asked too, no reason to get uptight about it... Now if you ask the dreaded tire size question... That's putting yourself in the firing range :lol:

nismoblunder>new guy? :rofl: ain't he borderline peewee group?

Thats fine, I would do the same thing personally. No hard feeling about my ass now ok.

You'll see that I'm a major smartass, but I will help people when it gets down too it.

OP, what you were questioning, was not much of a SEARCH situation.

Sums it up.

You make me feel so speeweeel man. Acutally I'm somewhere a newb and that plaqe thats between your teeth when you dont brush twice daily. You dont know if you want me around but you dont want too flosh me out ethier.

Was it in the glovebox? thats the most popular place to put it when doing some water activities.

There is no math in the world that would support that. At least the new guy posted a picture, and was fairly clear about what he was asking. He did not start this thread to help his no start, just wanted to know what he was looking at.

Good luck getting it running and if you need more help, just ask!

Sums it up again.

that sums it up

nismoblunder>new guy? :rofl: ain't he borderline peewee group?

Hey now, I'm not borderline peewee group, I'm better then some people. This doesnt make up the majority of my posts :P

yeah,thought so

Thanks alot

Just to clear up, a moment after I posted, I realized I left it out, and edited to include "for future reference"

:offtopic: LOL, you guys are funny...

I just searched for "black box" yesterday and found the answer to my (unrelated) question on the second page of the search results. Turns out my black box is the ABS controller...but now If I run across one of these little boogers, I'll already know what it is...