Trail-Gear Rock Sliders On Wd21

A long time ago i had mocked up these sliders in place, took a few pics and i think they started floating around here on NPORA but i finally welded a set to my truck and they came out really good. I just posted a quick little blog on them at http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/blog but here is a copy/paste of it:

Finding a pair of production rock sliders for Nissan Pathfinders isn’t easy, but Trail-Gear has been making weld on rock sliders for Toyota’s which coincidentally work out really well.

I recently ordered up a 67″ set from Trail-Gear along with the plate and gusset kit for use on my 1990 Nissan Pathfinder. After cutting the standoff tubes to length locating the inner slider tube directly under the pinch seam on the rocker panel, the slider was angled up at 30 degrees. This put the sliders in a functional position as well as made them visually pleasing.

Trail-Gear sliders can be ordered online here: http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/rock-sliders-c-895.html

ryan-welding-sliders.jpg

trail-gear-rock-sliders-2.jpg

trail-gear-rock-sliders-1.jpg

Thanks!

I'm sure you can get them to work on an R50 as well.

Shipping costs depend on where you are and are calculated live in coordination with UPS's servers during checkout on Rugged Rocks.

they ship from CA and weigh 65#. you will also get a UPS tracking number e-mailed to you once they ship.

How insane is shipping?

x2 and would you be able you add a set of gusset legs to an order or do i have to go to trail-gear for those?

edit: ok 65LBs from CA, thats about $45 cool!

Edited by MY1PATH

I have a set of these waiting to be installed on my truck right now. The legs come with the sliders and everything looks really nice. The price was pretty low as well. The plate and gusset kit is optional, but you will need to fab your own if you don't buy the kit. You shouldn't weld the legs directly to the frame unless you only want them for looks.

I had actually been meaning to add the gusset kits to the site and now that you guys brought it up, i got it done.

You can find both, the sliders and gusset kits here: http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/rock-sliders-c-895.html

I strongly recommend the gusset kits or additional frame plating of some type.

The gussets themselves are definitely nice to have as well.

Now that everything is painted it's a little hard to see the gussets and plating but they are there.

Here is a under body shot of my sliders:

slider-standoffs.jpg

Edited by SteeevO

Good to know, maybe payday I'll order a set. Wifes complaining she's gonna need steps soon So I'm gonna get her some "steps" and angle them up 1/2 as much.

Do you have any BL on your rig? IF not, how close are they to that lower rocker seam? more than 1/4"?

I was thinking about a 1" BL to give them some more room since the seam is 2" above the bottom of the frame and the tubing is 1.75"

Are you able to use a hi lift jack on the sliders? Looks like they don't stick out far enough but possibly you could angle them out farther

The outside edge of the the sliders are about 2" wider than the widest part of the door. They look closer to the doors in the pictures than they are in real life.the sliders come without the stand off tubes attached so you can place them how ever you like.

If there are any fence-sitters out there, I would totally recommend these. The price + shipping is unbeatable. Any decent exhaust shop should be able to mount these up if you order the gusset kit along with the sliders. The only mod that I would suggest would be to trim the pinch seam above the legs if you don't have any body lift. A BFH should do the trick as well.

Edited by KovemaN

• 3 months later...

looks very nice steevo. look very similar to what i am building

i am in the process of making them for my car50. i trying to make bolt on style brackets and weld on depending on what you want. The bolt on brackets will most likely also be adjustable w/ 3 mouting positions for different angles. i will be taking orders once i finish my set

once i have em done ill post up some pics and will be taking orders . price is not set yet, but i will hook all the forum members up with a good discount since i know the shipping aint gonna be cheap

i will also be making pre-runner style bumpers for front and back (in the works as we speak). I will also be selling these by order (so i wont make them untill i get the order in)

i also got some guys askin me to make those "missing links" ($25 + shipping....so as you can see much cheaper then what jackson autosports offers em for) and also some custom built adjustable 4 links (price will vary).

so if anyone is interested any of this stuff let me know what u want so i can start getting an idea of how much material and time i will need to set a side for this because i got 3 cars that im doing for SEMA right now so i am freakin loaded with work!

EVERYTHING IS TIG WELDED BY THE WAY!

Edited by pathblazin420

If there are any fence-sitters out there, I would totally recommend these. The price + shipping is unbeatable. Any decent exhaust shop should be able to mount these up if you order the gusset kit along with the sliders. The only mod that I would suggest would be to trim the pinch seam above the legs if you don't have any body lift. A BFH should do the trick as well.

2x these seem to come in @ almost the cost of materials if you did it yourself; tubing, plates, welding wire...

asside from the front fenders(lower than the pinch seam) I have not had any rubbing or clearance issue with body flex/ roll and have maybe 3/8" gap. I just cut 1/2" off the fender tab and all is well.

+1 on powder coating them before install.

yeah unless you bolt em you won't be able to again but for the first coat its a good idea.

I played in some cobble stone pits the other day (very destructive sad.gif driving) and it has not chipped yet.

Cardinal makes a powder coating called BK08 its black 20% gloss and has impact resistance of over 120 Lbs per inch. Most powder colors range from 60~100 impact resistance.

Many powder coaters I have found cary or can easily get this Cardinal BK08

Edited by MY1PATH

• 3 months later...

I just saw this thread...but yes you can hi-lift off of them...ONe issue that I have noticed is the body flex's on its isolators at a different rate than the suspension/frame so sometimes depending on where i jack from the body will get close to the sliders at first we thought it was the sliders deflecting but after taking some measurements off of the frame it was the body moving on the lift blocks/isolators independently of the frame

162605_762322228347_36619102_40996583_408176_n.jpg

DSCN5569.jpg

DSCN5382.jpg

I do have a little more angle on my out posts than steevo has but i don't have any pix of the underside of them for now