Body lift?

Kmk2zf

Does anybody know where I can find a 2" or 3" body lift for a 2004 pathfinder SE? And if so what problems could I eventually have? because from what I hear the suspension lifts will give me problems down the road which is why I was wanting the body lift.

Does anybody know where I can find a 2" or 3" body lift for a 2004 pathfinder SE? And if so what problems could I eventually have? because from what I hear the suspension lifts will give me problems down the road which is why I was wanting the body lift.

It isn't that a suspension lift gives you any "problems" per se; your CV axles just take a serious beating because their angles increase (therefore the boots are prone to tearing). A suspenion lift for a R50 is actually a great improvement, at least in my opinion. I find my truck handles better, rides smoother and just feels all-around nicer than the OEM set-up.

If you ever install a suspenion lift, you'll definitely want to consider manual locking hubs. These will disengage your CV axles when in 2WD, putting considerably less stress on the front drivetrain. I'd also recommend beefing up your CV axles (AC makes a nice set and they work great).

With the R50 being a unibody, a body lift isn't possible. Read up on the subframe-drop threads in this section. It's chock full of useful information on how a SFD works.

It isn't that a suspension lift gives you any "problems" per se; your CV axles just take a serious beating because their angles increase (therefore the boots are prone to tearing). A suspenion lift for a R50 is actually a great improvement, at least in my opinion. I find my truck handles better, rides smoother and just feels all-around nicer than the OEM set-up.

If you ever install a suspenion lift, you'll definitely want to consider manual locking hubs. These will disengage your CV axles when in 2WD, putting considerably less stress on the front drivetrain. I'd also recommend beefing up your CV axles (AC makes a nice set and they work great).

With the R50 being a unibody, a body lift isn't possible. Read up on the subframe-drop threads in this section. It's chock full of useful information on how a SFD works.

I have to agree with this, even with only half my lift done, the ride is soo much better no more bottoming out over bumps at highway speeds, and the hubs make the truck glide alot more. And as for the body lift no options for that. The only thing you can do is have a AC 2 inch suspension lift or find someone to make you a Sub Frame Drop Lift :shrug:

That thread is also full of our mind-numbing dribble about everything too. But the front half of the thread has a bunch of good info...

That thread is also full of our mind-numbing dribble about everything too. But the front half of the thread has a bunch of good info...

LOL :rofl:

This forum wouldn't the same without said mind-numbing dribble... The relevant information is there; the irrelevant stuff is what makes it fun! :aok: