pics* 3 or 4 lights? / need to know asap

MudFinder95

lights  

34 members have voted

1. 1. 3 or 4 lights?

I haven't drilled anything yet, but I picked up three 6" quartz halogen neon blue lights that are 100watts each. Thats 300watts going to a decent battery and stock alt.

Do you think I should get another light so I have 4 across the roof rack (400watts is too much maybe?) or would the 3 look good???

some pics that are too dark and for some reason that one light is shining yellow haha.. vote!

picture003or0.jpg

picture004sm1.jpg

picture002oy4.jpg

I think 4 looks better. And it does look funny to see them so far back on the roof rack. But if you're like me, I'm proud if I can do something properly and inexpensively. It allows me to do my 280 HP turbo subaru motor swap in my 2060 pound Porsche 914 and modify my pathfinder and still keep the wife happy. It's part of the theme on my pathfinder. I wouldn't spend the money on a light bar either.

it looks kinda silly with them sticking up that far above the roof.... would look better if you had a roof rack

I do have a roof rack... thats what they are sitting on. the reason they are so high is they are sitting on the top and bottom light mount since i never drilled holes, if I would have they would be a lot lower..

No, I think he means a safari basket rack, not those silly lengths of plastic that came from the factory.

Like This: R-S4050-SR-ACC.jpg

I'm with the gallery. 4 looks better. Besides, you'd probably get a better effect by 2 pointing straight ahead and 2 turned slightly outward (left and right).

Or you could just ditch the odd one and mount two to the bumper like you'd originally planed.

I say pick up a 4th, you don't want to be odd do you? But in all seriousness with the 4 setup aimed as crazyhayseed mentioned(how mine are set) does give you a great range of light. I would suggest to Maxima alt. swap though(see the how to threads for benifits,what exactly to get and well, how to).

I have a safari rack but I plan on mounting my 4 lights on one of the factory roof rack cross bars in front of the safari rack. Aimed as crazyhayseed said. As soon as I get off my butt and mount them, I will be sure to post pictures as well

A 30 amp relay will be fine for two lights. Let's see...for four lights...

100W x 4 = 400W

A=W/V

400W/13.5V = 29.6A

I'd use two relays.

Yeah i'm 3/4's done hooking everything up, I ran two 30amp relays.

"need to know ASAP.., two relays, one switch?"

So I'm running four 100w spot lights across my roof rack the box for the lights shows a 30amp relay for two lights. The guy at the store said I should run 2 relays and have one for each pair of lights.

Does this mean that I can hook both relays up to one switch????? or do I need two switches for each set of lights which would be kinda annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by RedPath88
Merged Topics