new guy from washington state

Hey , new guy here from Lynden ,Washington . I am just starting out with my Nissan but so far its the first wheeler i haven't had to struggle to keep running. I keep beating her and she keeps on going! I have kids now so i threw away my Cursed Toyota and i bought a 1990 wd21 4 door. It came with the 4.37 gears , 5 speed, tpi 3.0, and cheap nerf bars. After I bent the rock bars in half i started working on beefing it up. I bought a parts rig as the trees are pretty tight up here in whatcom county. I figured the spare panels and engine would be handy. I took the 4.63's out of the automatic parts rig (an 88) i had to adapt the front casing (installed my inner axles so my cv's would bolt up), i changed out the whole rear as it was disc brake with the factory lsd . Next i cut the sway bar off the rear and i installed 14 " tuff country rear shocks and xj coils. I did a 3 inch body from performance accessories and then i bought some 33x12.50x15 pro comp m/t's on pro comp 51 crawlers. I built rock sliders similar to the old all pro's out of schedule 80 1 1'2 " pipe . I also built a rear bumper. I installed T-maxx's 9000lb crawler series winch with synthetic rope and wireless control . All of this complimented by cruise control , infinity audio and air conditioning makes this the best wheeler i have ever had. I have to work a little harder to get it over tough obstacles but hey it sure is roomy and the rear will drop the tires 3 inches below the rocker panel. Any one who wants to wheel and lives in the northwest hit me up.post-5324-1209851319_thumb.jpg

Btw, hard to tell in the pic, how do you have that winch mounted?

Mounting that winch sucked. someone at nissan wasn't thinking about winches when they designed the front of the frame. It points down at a slight angle and it is recessed behind the core support. It looked impossible as i didn't have a pipe bender or money left after the $1200 winch and gear to buy a bumper. I welded a piece of 2 inch square stock into the front of the frame after i beat it in there with a sledge hammer (make sure you get a big one)lol. I welded it all the way across the top and bottom. I then 45'd both ends of some 12 inch or so pieces of schedule 80 pipe. i welde the bottom of my winch plate to it and then it to the square stock. Once i finish cage it the tube will tie it in to the top of the frame right behind the stock bumper where the small holes are. And yes that is a stock bumper with 20 inches cut out of it and then bolted back on. It holds up good. barely flexes 1/16 of an inch under full load. post-5324-1209854892_thumb.jpg

Mounting that winch sucked. someone at nissan wasn't thinking about winches when they designed the front of the frame. It points down at a slight angle and it is recessed behind the core support. It looked impossible as i didn't have a pipe bender or money left after the $1200 winch and gear to buy a bumper. I welded a piece of 2 inch square stock into the front of the frame after i beat it in there with a sledge hammer (make sure you get a big one)lol. I welded it all the way across the top and bottom. I then 45'd both ends of some 12 inch or so pieces of schedule 80 pipe. i welde the bottom of my winch plate to it and then it to the square stock. Once i finish cage it the tube will tie it in to the top of the frame right behind the stock bumper where the small holes are. And yes that is a stock bumper with 20 inches cut out of it and then bolted back on. It holds up good. barely flexes 1/16 of an inch under full load. post-5324-1209854892_thumb.jpg

Thats excellent man. I love that look.

what part of washington you from

Im up in Lynden , outside of bellingham. I will travel for good enough trips though. I wheel mostly tight treed spots up here. I would love a carnage free wheeling trip though. Im running low on bondo.

Im up in Lynden , outside of bellingham. I will travel for good enough trips though. I wheel mostly tight treed spots up here. I would love a carnage free wheeling trip though. Im running low on bondo.

you and me... are going to be good friends :D

Thats what i like is the tight trees, hopefully we can get in a run before i have to move in june

welcom.. but you don't have TPI, or TBI for that matter. you have MPFI

even shows in your pics

First nissan . Oh well. Looks like a damn tuned port. Thanks for the info. Oh and nice colors haha.

Pretty good mods to start out with. Im in south Pierce County, by Roy. Hit me up somtime, I frequent the Wilkeson orv area as well as Ashford. Id like to wheel somewhere else, but nobody I know likes to leave the area.

Welcome to the site! :beer: Im over in Rochester and I drive through Roy once and awhile. Redpath88 is in Yelm so hes close too. Yeah, another group wheeling trip should be coming soon. Hopefully with me included next time(stupid job).

Oh and on your rig........ :worthless: