Traction control?

When i was trying to pull out my z car from the busehes yesterday, i hooked the pathy up to it and tried to pull... seemed like it had no torque when it was floored, and it wouldnt hella rev up high either... and i was in grass and the tires wernt spining so... its got me curious? my pathy have traction control? cause if so... i aint gonna do mud :shiftyeyes:

You won't pull a car in 4hi if it's not running, out of the bushes. 4lo is necessary.

ya, it was in 4hi, then switched it to 4low... im kinda upset as to why it wouldnt even break traction :shiftyeyes: What am i supposed to do in mud?

You won't pull a car in 4hi if it's not running, out of the bushes. 4lo is necessary.

something sounds fishy about this whole thing...I rarely put my truck in 4lo and I have pulled many trucks out of mud holes ones with busted drive lines off the beach and a buncha other situations...along with pulling up bushes, stumps and whatever else I could hook the truck to and pull out and I never had a problem especially on grass not pulling the vehicle/object out and occasionally had issues with spinning a tire but the object of 4wd is to equally place your drive force to reduce loading up wheel (open diff) and spinning it instead of driving

so if you pulled the car out without spinning the tires it did what you wanted it to do

Standard transmission helps with that. With the auto, it only makes sense to be in 4lo. There's a lot less stress on everything.

ahh yea that makes sense b/c the TC wouldn't be in full lockup it would still be slipping instead of getting all of the power power to the tranny and I guess theoretically you could put the converter in full stall where you don't get power to the wheels

I know when I was selecting Allison trannies at my old job that was a big concern in the school busses in the grades they would be able to climb without putting the TC into stall

something sounds fishy about this whole thing...I rarely put my truck in 4lo and I have pulled many trucks out of mud holes ones with busted drive lines off the beach and a buncha other situations...along with pulling up bushes, stumps and whatever else I could hook the truck to and pull out and I never had a problem especially on grass not pulling the vehicle/object out and occasionally had issues with spinning a tire but the object of 4wd is to equally place your drive force to reduce loading up wheel (open diff) and spinning it instead of driving

so if you pulled the car out without spinning the tires it did what you wanted it to do

well.. it kinda did what i wanted it to do... i had to end up putting it in drive and throwin it in reverse to pull it out...

I was towing it from the front so each car was facing eachother... would that unlcok the 4wd? and maybe i was just in 2lo?

If it was in 2 lo, you definitely would have spun tires. It was probably in 4HI, and you simply didn't have enough torque to pull the car, or break traction. Nothing else really makes sense, unless there's something seriously wrong with your truck, which I doubt.

If it was in 2 lo, you definitely would have spun tires. It was probably in 4HI, and you simply didn't have enough torque to pull the car, or break traction. Nothing else really makes sense, unless there's something seriously wrong with your truck, which I doubt.

its the driver :D