Thinkin Of Buying A Pathy

ShadowManR6

So got 2 local people selling off their pathys and trying decide which would be the better to go with. Me being with the older 87 not too sure what to expect or look for in the 90's versions of the WD21.

Both are in great body condition and nothing greatly mechanically wrong that i can't fix/clean up myself, interiors are wonderful, both goin for about 3000.

1995 - White - 4 Door - 119k miles

1993 - Charcoal - 2 Door - 121k miles

What your guys ideas/opinions on them?

Thanks

I like the 2 door because there are fewer seals to leak.

That's it for rational thought... I do like the fact they are less common.

If I was choosing between the two, high priorities are:

- Which has the 5 speed!

- Which has less rust

- Which has better service records

i've got an 87 and a 95...the 87 is good for a wheeling truck (its lighter, thats the only reason i can come up with i dont get it stuck)

the 95 is nice to have the 4 doors...i usually leave both with the back seat laid down and with the 4 door u can def get to things easier...

im looking to get rid of the 4 dr but i would prefer to keep both and build both up as rigs so me and my girl can go together...the 87 is the 1 she wants...so i would have to settle with the 4 dr...

both have their +'s and -'s but their about even...

I would say get the 4 dr b/c its newer and its different...if u dont like it sell it or trade it for a 2 dr...the 4 drs are pretty much the same as the 2 drs to work on...but u will have to deal with MPFI on both unlike the 87 which is kinda a pian to work on but not too bad...

i really would like to 1 day have a 2 dr wd21 4 dr wd21 and a r50... but we'll see how everything plays out...

that being said...the 1 that is more mechanically sound and has the lesser of the common issues and best bang for the buck is the 1 i would do...

As mws said, condition and service records AND MT!!! Have they both had their timing belts done? Every 60K for the 93 and 105K for the 95.

All else being equal, I'd get the 95. Newer dash, don't have to do the timing belt nearly as often and better resale value. Charcoal would be nicer than white, but then color is the last consideration for me unless it's "Screaming Banana" or some such horrid thing...

B

PS. I bought a 95XE with 108k almost 3 years ago for $5700.

as B said...... and yeah... overall condition, serivce records are a PLUS for sure, especially on a pathy. checkf or rust (depending on location) of the frame. notorious for it in the rear area.

a manual tranny is definitely a bonus.....

I would say go with the 95 if they both have no frame rust or major things wrong with them.

The newer dash updates the look quite a bit. I bought my 95 SE with 100k on it for $2600 (about 3 months ago).. With a mint interior but missing a/c and rear bumper bent and one body dent (had been in a minor wreck). So the price sounds right for the 95.

Also the white color is a bonus, I would much rather have white over my sparkely red :P

I am not sure where you live but over here in Seattle that 95 (if in good condition) would be going for closer to 5k.

-Mike

i defintly like the color and what not for the 93 and the fact that it's 2 door appeals to me, but the newer is kinda pushin on me :*(

im pushing just for another pathfinder so i can actually do more serious work on my 87, just a backup in case whatever should happen i have another pathy to start with again

Edited by ShadowManR6