For your abs issues, if you do not have obd2 reader that reads them, you can always revert to the manual way... here`s how to retrieve the abs code for your 2001 :
1. Drive vehicle over 30 km/h (19 MPH) for at least one minute.
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. Ground terminal 9 of data link connector with a suitable harness.
4. Turn ignition switch ON while grounding terminal 9.
Do not depress brake pedal.
5. After 3.0 seconds, the warning lamp starts flashing to indicate
the malfunction code No. (See NOTE.)
6. Verify the location of the malfunction with the malfunction code
chart. Refer to BR-54. Then make the necessary repairs following
the diagnostic procedures.
7. After the malfunctions are repaired, erase the malfunction
codes stored in the control unit. Refer to BR-42.
8. Rerun the self-diagnostic results mode to verify that the malfunction
codes have been erased.
9. Disconnect the check terminal from the ground. The self-diagnostic
results mode is now complete.
10. Check warning lamp for deactivation after driving vehicle over
30 km/h (19 MPH) for at least one minute.
11. After making certain that warning lamp does not come on, test
the ABS in a safe area to verify that it functions properly.
The indication terminates after 5 minutes.
However, when the ignition switch is turned from OFF to ON, the
indication starts flashing again.
Code No. (No. of warning lamp flashes) Malfunctioning part Reference Page
12 Self-diagnosis could not detect any malfunctions. —
17 H4 G sensor and circuit BR-65
18 H1 Sensor rotor BR-56
21 H1 Front right sensor (open-circuit) BR-56
22 H1 Front right sensor (short-circuit) BR-56
25 H1 Front left sensor (open-circuit) BR-56
26 H1 Front left sensor (short-circuit) BR-56
31 H1 Rear right sensor (open-circuit) BR-56
32 H1 Rear right sensor (short-circuit) BR-56
35 H1 Rear left sensor (open-circuit) BR-56
36 H1 Rear left sensor (short-circuit) BR-56
41 Actuator front right outlet solenoid valve BR-59
42 Actuator front right inlet solenoid valve BR-59
45 Actuator front left outlet solenoid valve BR-59
46 Actuator front left inlet solenoid valve BR-59
55 Actuator rear outlet solenoid valve BR-59
56 Actuator rear inlet solenoid valve BR-59
57 H2 Power supply (Low voltage) BR-63
61 H3 Actuator motor or motor relay BR-61
63 Solenoid valve relay BR-59
71 Control unit BR-68
ABS works frequently — BR-69
Unexpected pedal action — BR-69
Long stopping distance — BR-71
ABS does not work — BR-71
Pedal vibration and noise — BR-72
Warning lamp does not come on
when ignition switch is turned ON.
Fuse, warning lamp bulb or warning lamp circuit
Warning lamp stays on when ignition
switch is turned ON.
Control unit power supply circuit
Warning lamp bulb circuit
Control unit or control unit connector
Solenoid valve relay stuck
Power supply for solenoid valve relay coil
Vehicle vibrates excessively when ABS is
ABS control unit to TCM circuit BR-78
H1: If one or more wheels spin on a rough or slippery road for 40 seconds or more, the ABS warning lamp will illuminate. This does
not indicate a malfunction. Only in the case of the short-circuit (Code Nos. 26, 22, 32 and 36), after repair the ABS warning lamp also
illuminates when the ignition switch is turned ON. In this case, drive the vehicle at speeds greater than 30 km/h (19 MPH) for approximately
1 minute as specified in “SELF-DIAGNOSIS PROCEDURE”, BR-41. Check to ensure that the ABS warning lamp goes out while
the vehicle is being driven.
H2: The trouble code “57”, which refers to a low power supply voltage, does not indicate that the ABS control unit is malfunctioning. Do
not replace the ABS control unit with a new one.
HOW TO ERASE SELF-DIAGNOSTIC RESULTS
1. Disconnect the check terminal from ground (ABS warning lamp
will stay lit).
2. Within 12.5 seconds, ground the check terminal three times.
Each terminal ground must last more than 1 second. The ABS
warning lamp goes out after the erase operation has been
3. Perform self-diagnosis again. Refer to BR-41. Only the startcode
should appear, no malfunction codes.