Computer Nerds...Please help!

solid snake

I can't access my Word, or related programs. This problem happend about a week ago. Everytime I try to open word or use spell check in outlook express, I get an installation window. It doesn't install and I get a error window that there is problem with the shortcut. "This patch package could not be opned. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package." I've tried uninstalling it and still get this window. Tried system restore and no changes occur. Please I need help. I have 2002 version on this and running windows xp. I need these programs for school and I've been turning in assignments late cause of this.

Thanks, sorry for the early updated, but a guy from microsoft call me back and fixed the problem. I didn't think they were going to call me. I tried installing the software again like you said MZ, but to no avail. So everything is running tip top shape now :aok:

Edited by solid snake

Well the guy told me that the registration keys an some other content for Microsoft Works was corrupted, basically he used Microsoft's office install program to uninstall word. once that was done I installed the original disk and reinstalled it again.