Whoooo hooo redneckness

The Drift

Which is better ? For any and everything...  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better ? For any and everything...

• Duct tape
    • JB Weld
    • Bailing wire

I don't remember the exact weight. but alot

It was something insane that would make you want to try it to believe it...I'll see if I can find anything on it.

www.ducktapeclub.com <Is there a JB Weld website?? sly

Edited by cohen

Found it!!!! :eek:

Q. What is duct tape?

A. Duct tape is a strong tape composed of three layers. The top layer is a resilient plastic (polyethelyne). The bottom layer is a rubber-based adhesive. The middle layer is a fabric mesh. While there are stronger tapes, duct tape, when doubled over onto itself can pull a 2,000-pound car out of a ditch, and has the distinct benefit of not requiring any other tools to cut it - you just rip it with your bare hands.

\/ Here's the article

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story...1741&ran=143949

Um... Perhaps it can lift 2000 lbs for a few moments ?? :shrug:

Pull a 2000 lb car out of a ditch ? No F*&^ing way !! Now... If you taped it against another piece, twisted it, did this 6 times then braided it into a rope, it may be strong enough if it isn't a steep ditch... :D

B

I have used JB weld on the following.

1) cracked water jacket on an inboard boat motor. It was only cracked through to the outside so we buttened it up.. worked for over 15 years till the boat fell apart.

:o holy crap! dave just did that to our boat! lmao! :clap:

2. duct tape.... umm.. the back door...... cuz lilly keeps trying to get the door open to go with mommy :hide:

duct tape, if folded over (sticky side to stick side) can pull a car out of a ditch....figure that one out. :lol:

can a jb weld do that??

i call Bull @!*%. if you were pulling about 200lbs maybe but other than that BS.

:o holy crap! dave just did that to our boat! lmao! :clap:

2. duct tape.... umm.. the back door...... cuz lilly keeps trying to get the door open to go with mommy :hide:

ya, and i had that boat under deception pass in Washington, all over the sound, would pull up 2 skiers.. it wa quiet incredible... couldn't belive that it worked. finally, there became a crack in the exahust manifolt (1968 larson boat) and it got into the crank case somehow. but we ran it like that (personally) family had it, for 10 years. and it worked just fine.. quiete amazing.

I have also used it for holding together multiple fishing reals...(when the shaft breaks off teh stem).. duck tape is good stuff. but not even in the same catagory as jb weld

NOW..This is a bit off topic, but in the NAVY, we used some stuff we called PIG PUDDY. you could sand it, drill it and tap it. It wouldnt hold any high tension bolts, but you could use it for holding in SKIN screw and the like. It was a 2 part epoxy in a puddy, cut it, kneed it and wa-la.. i fixed a hole in an engine Nacel this way.

get some sheet metal cut 2 squares(or whatever shape u need to get to a mounting place) out drill 3 holes in it 2 for pop rivits on the plastic shroud and either use exhisting holes or make new 1's to bolt it to...and if u need to bend it that can be done pretty easily and inexpensive...

Thanks uncc. I think that is exactly what I am going to do now to find the time....