Wobbling down the road

Guest Flying Pathy

Guest Flying Pathy

I need your help, Sorry if this is a redundant topic, but my 90' SE wobbles, sways, and feels very unstable. I am not sure where to start.

Thank you for any help you may provide.

start by checking tires for bad spot or bubbles and check your lugs to make sure they arent loose and the start looking into suspension part.......what does it feel like wobbling down the road is a bit vauge if you can provied as much info as possible we could help you better...good luck

Guest Flying Pathy

Sorry for being so vague. If I pump the gas it has a roll effect. When I slam on the brakes it Dips left and tries to roll. Going down the freeway I can it to oscilate almost to the point of rolling. It feels so unstable. Nissan Said it is typically the sign of the upper and lower rear struts or something like that. The Tire pressure is good but are oversize for the rims. But they have never been a problem in the past. I think it is the front torsion bars but am not sure. The torsion bars were torqed full about 100k ago.

Going down the freeway I can it to oscilate almost to the point of rolling. It feels so unstable.

Well, I'd guess you are out of alignment and have worn front end components. Start outward and check inward. Tires, lug nuts, shocks tie rod ends, bushings, ball joints, etc... Also look for loose parts or missing bolts... Jacking it up and properly supporting it helps a lot.

B

Yeah, a lot of things can cause the trouble you are describing.

Is there any freeplay in the steering wheel?

Wheels all straight? (I have a wobble from a bent rim myself)

Guest Flying Pathy

Thank you all for you input. Nissan Service couldn'ttell me anything. I will start trouble shooting. I think I will start with new tires and Shocks, they are both due for a change though the tires still have alot of tread. Thanks again I will post developments and progress thanks again.