Steering Wheel Replacement Advice

rennwerkes

Thanks for the link.

I did a search but I guess I didn't look back far enough!

I guess an aftermarket steering wheel is the best alternative.

I really wanted to use a stock wheel from a newer car because the rim is a bit thicker in diameter but these don't seem to work due to the cruise control on the newer cars which my 91 doesn't have.

I'll reply back on my experience.

Might go with a MOMO wheel.

Ed....

Have I mentioned that I am extremely jealous of your truck....

I want your motor!

I'd let you have it but you wouldn't want all that trouble of shipping and paperwork now :P You could always buy yourself one from the place I did ...they ship cars all over the place :D Mine cost me £1770, including shipping and all the taxes. WD21's don't appear on their stock list often though. I bought an R33 Skyline sedan from them last year which cost me £1300 all in and it only had 50k on the clock. In amongst all the wrecks they have some real gems!

-Ed

I'd let you have it but you wouldn't want all that trouble of shipping and paperwork now :P You could always buy yourself one from the place I did ...they ship cars all over the place :D Mine cost me £1770, including shipping and all the taxes. WD21's don't appear on their stock list often though. I bought an R33 Skyline sedan from them last year which cost me £1300 all in and it only had 50k on the clock. In amongst all the wrecks they have some real gems!

-Ed

thanks for the link Ed Im gonna keep my eye on this site

I have aftermarket wheels in both of mine, used a Grant mount kit for both, one has a Grant wheel and the other has a Pilot brand. Super simple install (neither of mine had any functions besides the horn on the wheel). :idea: If you have the cruise on the wheel, you might be able to use an older combination switch that has the light and cruise controls together instead.

• 3 weeks later...

OKAY!!!

Got my "new" wheel on today.

Picked up on Ebay for under $40 but paid $35 to ship to me, go figure!!!

I'm still WAY happier with it than the stock piece of junk!

Oh, one other thing, this was a stock 240SX wheel so didn't need an adapter hub. :D

steeringwheel.jpg

Edited by rennwerkes