Help! ASAP

89_trailboss

k, truck drives great. everything works(well, almost) drive it over to the other side of the yard, wash it. leave it for a while (1-2hours) jump in, turn key, have full power, turn key to start, click(starter relay or somthing, always does it) then the k k k k k k click. just like the battery is dead. then I have no power, to ANYTHING. NOTHING. pop hood. find the problem spot

Right behind the battery, way down on the fender there is a plug. 3 wires go into it(from the starter) and 2 go out(to the main wire harness.

I can jiggle the connector and I will get all power back, but when I turn the key it will do the usual click then NO power again. jiggle, click, nothing. jiggle, click, nothing and so on. what are these wires for?

starter side:

white(maybe pink) and blue

black white

and another black

harness side:

-White(pink?) blue

-Black white.

help asap. its my DD and I need it tommorow.

HELP!!!

:help:

If ALL your power is cutting out then I would first suspect the battery terminals as needing cleaned and tightened. Then work from there our, starting with the Positive (+) cable down to the starter (also check the fusible link connectors at the battery) then move on to the Negative cable. Follow it to body ground then engine ground.

Removed each contact and clean them (scrap/wire brush if need be) to make sure they have a good clean contact point. Also make sure they are good and tight when you put them back on.

I just went through this at a local coffee shop a month (maybe 2) ago with the yota. It turned out to be the + battery terminal. It was dirty inside, but appeared to be fine on the outside.... I too suspected a connection at the starter, but later figured out that in messing with the connections down there I was simply moving the Positive terminal just enough to make contact again :shrug:

done that. clean and traced. pulled all the loom off alot of the wires and it only when I push/pull the little plug when the power comes back on. but still, why wont it turn over? as soon as I turn the key to the start postion, I get this click(like normal) and then all the power goes out. when I have power, I can hear the fuel pump and everything else working, all the lights come on.

what would help is if somone could tell me where these three wires that come off the starter(not the main power wire, 3 small wires, 16 gaugeish) are for?

think im just gona try and bypass the plug and see what happens.

done that. clean and traced. pulled all the loom off alot of the wires and it only when I push/pull the little plug when the power comes back on. but still, why wont it turn over? as soon as I turn the key to the start postion, I get this click(like normal) and then all the power goes out. when I have power, I can hear the fuel pump and everything else working, all the lights come on.

what would help is if somone could tell me where these three wires that come off the starter(not the main power wire, 3 small wires, 16 gaugeish) are for?

and its not he battery posts, cause I threw one of those batterypacks on and it still did the same thing, but it did do the kkkkkclick thing for a split second. maybe I will try jumpstarting it in the morning.

k well, jumping did nothing

did the click thing, then no power. so then I went around with a test light and I still have power at the posts, and to the main wire to the starter and the bunch of wires that come off the battery. grounded the light to the - battery post

is there maybe a relay that is fried?

Sounds like your fusable link from the description.

late night last night. went outside today and realized that I got the wire colours mixed up.

on the harness side there black/white(pink?) and a thin yellow/blue. the yellow and blue go inside the cab, the black/white goes inside the fuse box.

are there circut breakers somewhere under the hood?

oh, 89 pathfinder. VG30i. auto. 271 xxx km