Newbie from Utah

Guest jolley

Guest jolley

Greetings,

I'm from Utah (salt lake area) and just picked up a Pathy and I don't know anything, but here is what I do know:

92 (base model with power NOTHING don't know what that makes it...)

4X4

110k miles

paid $3300 (from orig owner)

Anyway, I sold an 89 Cherokee and replaced it with this and I'm pretty happy.

It has the typical exhaust leak from the gasket and I think I'll try to fix it myself... we'll see how that goes!

Quick Question: need new tires and I'm a little confused about what to get. I have the stock chrome (steel I suppose?) wheels and I want to get something that's a good size for 4X4 but won't kill me on gas or diminish my 4-low power... I have no plans to lift 'er but I do enjoy the occasional romp in the dirt/mud/snow/rocks whatever.

I read I can put 31s on it but am thinking I should stick with 30s?

Currently it has 235/75 R15s (which I believe translates to 29 X 9.25 X15?) I think I'll put BFGoodrich All-Terrains on it - Costco is having a sale, sweet.

Anyway, like I say, need a good size for a stock rig.

Thanks for the help!

PS: here is the only pic I have of the pathy - a trip the fam took up near Idaho. Saw a dirt road that needed exploring - which of course led to a trail that needed a look-see :aok:

post-19-1150301757.jpg

welcome.. 31s came as stock on many of the trucks.. mine didn't but that's what's on now. i have BFG MTs too; no problem.

welcome. are you the one in the pic? i think there is another person or two here from your neck of the woods

Guest jolley

Thanks, for the welcomes.

Hehe, sorry, that's the wifey in the pic.

(Better to see her than my ugly mug anyway!)

Welcome! WAVEY

As before mentioned 31's will fit no problem at stock ride height. You might have to adjust the torsion bars a little bit. I think 31's fit on the stock steel wheels, but you'd be better off if you could get a set of the "lego" wheels (factory option).

Hope we can help you with any other questions you might have! :aok:

mine did not come stock with 31's.. and without lifting the t-bars, mine rubbed. i also went with 15x8 chevy 6 lug rims and all is well.

hello and welcome! WAVEY:beer:

• 1 month later...