that chiming thing

parthy

i pulled the plug on that bloody chiming thing which was behind the dash .

Now a mate of mine has a 2002 model (mine is a 2001 ) and he want's to do the same to his but he said his is not behind the dash but he thinks it's down near the fuse's :unsure: can any one shed some light on the problem . :secret:

Edited by parthy

if it's the damned dinging when your door is open and your keys are in, it should be a little gadget the size of a flasher relay under your dash. Open the door and crawl under there. If it's the beep of the horn for the alarm, you're screwed. It's built in.

edit.... on the 2002, the warning chimes are intgrated into the smart entrance control unit. It's behind the drivers side instrument lower panel.

Edited by k9sar

I've got to get rid of that damn dinging....it's flipping annoying, especially when I'm trying to tune my freakin CB....

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING SHUT THE EFF YOU SEE KAY UP!!!

A former boss of mine got his new company truck (a 2000 GMC 2500) and the first thing he did was to unplug the chimmer as he had done with all others. BUT, the truck would not start. GM told him it had to be connected for the truck to work. So he duck tapped the speaker outlet to muffle the sound.

Sounds like it may be different on Nissans.

Are you talking about the door/seatbelt chime? Or the beep of the horn when you lock your doors?

thanks guys its the bloody thing for the lights on door open key in ingition crap :help: :takebow:

if it's the damned dinging when your door is open and your keys are in, it should be a little gadget the size of a flasher relay under your dash. Open the door and crawl under there. If it's the beep of the horn for the alarm, you're screwed. It's built in.

edit.... on the 2002, the warning chimes are intgrated into the smart entrance control unit. It's behind the drivers side instrument lower panel.

Thanks guys you were right it was under the dash on the 20002 model he is now at peace regards ken :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

mine was behind the dash near the fuel gauge ( sorry gas gauge to you guys over there )just turn it on and start listening if it sounds like it's behind the speedo you will have to pull it foward and listen again it's just a matter of following the noise till you find it :gossip: :furious: :cool2:

Edited by parthy

If you want to turn off the beep from the door locks read the back of your key remote. Press both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for 2 seconds. now when you use the remote you wont get the beep. Your neighbors will love you for it.