Instrument cluster

ILoveMyPatty

Yesterday I was installing my new front speakers. JBL GTO 5.25" Components.

I got them installed, and put my deck back into the dash. Lastnight I found out that my instrument cluster lights weren't on...

I checked all of the fuses, and they are all good. I have no tach or speedo, fuel gauge, voltmeter etc.

Does anyone know what the heck I did? I guess I'll have to take my deck out and look in my dash, to see if I pulled a wire out....

Noooo! :(

Ugh... the guy before me had a phone in there, and there are sooo many wires under the dash that aren't being used... it's not even funny. This is going to take a while...

The wierd thing is that the light for my clock works still, and the light for highbeams, e-brake etc...

stupidest thing, but I fell for it a few weeks ago myself... did you hit the dimmer switch to off?

in my wd i cant turn the switch all the way off like i can in the r50. the wd still gives a faint glow when its dimmed all the way.

anyways backon topic. have you had any reason to remove the guage? if you did maybe u forgot to connect a plug in the back? or if you didnt maybe it got knocked loose?

I don't know what happened. I didn't remove any gauge. I most likely bumped a wire and it came loose when I was putting my deck back in.

Which really sucks because there are ALOT of wires behind my deck... It's wierd, in my fuse panel there is a red wire that has a little clip type thing on the end, that goes into one of the slots... without that wire plugged in, the stereo doesn't work.... There are two other wires that are like that as well, I just don't know what they do.

Guest frank1153

The same exact thing happened to me before. The wiring that goes to the transmission fell on the exhaust and melted. I had no tach or speedo or cluster lights, but that damn little clock still worked.

Sounds like someone took it upon themselves to rewire things. :crazy:

I always wire my own stuff. I've never gotten someone to wire anything for me except for when my friend wired in my fog lights and did the worst job ever. It shorted out and blew a 30A fuse. "What the hell did you use a 30A fuse for Mike?"

"You need one that strong man"....

"Well, obviously something isn't right cause it blew a 30A"

"We'll just put somethin heavier in it"

I re-wired it and am running a 2.5A fuse in it, and have been for like 7 months.

I also took out my factory stereo, and put a new one in, with just knowing what the wires were for from the deck... And put in 6 new speakers and two crossovers... anyway.. enough of me bragging... cause I messed something up.

It's not the Meter fuse, I just checked it. I'm going to cry...

The lights on my dash are out too, no lights for the temp or anything.

It has to be a wire... but I can't find it, I just looked.

How in the heck am I gonna take my dash apart to look?

Ahhh, could be possible... my wiring behind the stereo is a rats nets... I need but connectors instead of electrical tape and masking tape to label...

that would be a good idea...OR color code it back to factory so then we can help you next time it breaks.

If you need to know wire coling or need pics of what it should kinda look like behind there let me know and ill snap some tomorrow night