my front end camber ?

NYpath

Can anyone tell me if its only me or what........my 98 pathy sits with the wheels in the shape of a V.....is this a sign for me to get new shocks and struts? or just an alignment? is this normal? did the previous owner have this pathy lifted that i dont know about? can someone give me feed back so i can move on......thanks :help:

1996-2004 pathfinders have non adjustable cam bolts. when i lifted mine, i got the V shape also. i had a custom alignment done without buying the 14mm cam bolts from AC by making the holes larger and the shop put in new bolts.

i would definately take it to a shop and have it looked at. its a possibility that you may need an alignment.

you should post a pic of the truck and maybe we have seen it and knew it was lifted, etc. good luck. let us know how it turns out

FYI, camber is not adjustable without aftermarket parts. Unless you get special camber-bolts, the shop's alignment machine computer will tell the tech that camber and caster are not adjustable, and no attempt to correct camber will be made.

Holy camber moly, does that greatly affect your tire wear?

It doesn't look like that on level ground. ;) That pic is taken from the top of a steep incline (click link for pic), with a few hundred pounds of camping gear loaded in back, so much less weight is actually on the front tires than during normal driving.

22_Dean_Chickenrock2.jpgClick to view full-size version

Edited by XPLORx4

Watch out for this camber adjustment kit "if it's really bothering you, go here: http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/81260.htm". Someone on this list had something similar at the bolts broke causing a grand in damage. Most alignment place can make a custom adjustment and get it pretty close to stock.