Where is my IACV-AAC Valve?

The diagrams in the FSM and the pictures in Hayne's are absolutely worthless. Where in the hell is the IACV on my 99? I was under the assumption that it was a little plunger valve do-hickey near the TB, but I can't for the life of me find it!

The diagrams in the FSM and the pictures in Hayne's are absolutely worthless. Where in the hell is the IACV on my 99? I was under the assumption that it was a little plunger valve do-hickey near the TB, but I can't for the life of me find it!

gee, wish i could help you find the do-hickey but i do not even know what a IaVC valve is or it's purpose. good luck. :shrug::aok:

It's the Idle-Air-Control Valve. It's a valve that opens when the throttle body closes to allow air to bypass the TB and allow the engine to idle. Mine is either gummed up or FUBAR'd because my idle is off and the DTC is showing IACV malfunction. Meaning that it is not opening and closing as it should.

I haven't been able to find it in my engine though. I was hoping that Dean or Lewis would chime in with a picture with it circled in red saying...LOOK HERE YOU BLIND BASTAGE!!!

I believe its under the rear of the intake. To the right of #6 Spark plug. You can access the connector over the left valve cover near the firewall, but its not easy with big hands.

Uh, yeah, it looks like the IACV is buried near the back of the intake.

This diagram from the service manual shows the BACK of the engine, as viewed from the firewall.

I can think of a better way to waste a couple of hours on my car like fitting my snorkel today!!!! :D Woohooo.

And as for Pics I will be worse than a japanese tourist. ( no Insult meant to anyone).

Enjoy venge:P