87 4door Pathfinder

Guest ferg1004

Guest ferg1004

I bought A 1987 ( The owner thinks it is an 87, waiting on title to know for sure) Nissan Suv. It is a 4 door and a looks longer than most. It looks like it has a 2.4 Z carbed motor with a 5-speed, and the back has a soild door hatch. The information I found so far is that it was never made, I will have pics soon.

Where do I find Info at??

Wow, that a new one on me. Where do you live?

AFAIK, they never made a 4-door model in '87. It could possibly be a '90 with an '87 tailgate on it... Is that the NAPS-Z 2.4L engine? Wierdness!

Check the door tag inside the driver's side doorsill. It will have the production date on it.

Guest ferg1004

I looked for the tag ,but it was gone. The owner (how is not a car person) thinks it was a 4-door truck, but I did not think Nissan built a 4-door truck until the last 5-years or so

Guest ferg1004

Have you heard of any of this Sani being in the U.S., if this is one any ideal what it is worth? I was looking around on the web and found some pics and they look alot like the one a got. The next thing is any tip on ways to increase power from stock, engines with the same bellhousing, and a location where to get performence parts

That actually looks like a one-off custom-built vehicle to me, now that I can get a good look at it. It has leaf springs in the rear, doesn't it?

I'd say it looks like someone cut up two Nissan 720's, stuck the extra doors off one onto the other, built a roof, incorporated a Pathfinder tailgate, and made their own version of a Pathfinder. They do it all the time to make limos, why not a Nissan? :)

It's definitely based on a 720 pickup, though. All flat fenders, the front end, and the doors are all 720 items. Could very well be a 1986, cause that's when they quit making the 720's and started with the HB's.

What's the VIN #? You/we can run that and see what it comes up as.

Guest ferg1004

I got the title to day it is stated as an "1986 Nissan Pickup Kingcab"

A still not sure what to do with it? It is a carbrated engine, Is there a aftermarket parts line for this types of motors?

Crazy! That is definatly the front end of a 720 truck, just like my old 1985. Would this be another case of Redneck Autobody? :blink: Looks like a case of beer, boredome and a welder. The Z24 motor is gutless as hell, but it will go forever. I sold that truck at 255K miles and it still ran like a champ. I've seen some mod parts for the motor, even headers on A/C, but I'm not sure you're gonna squeeze out much more power from that motor. Definately do your own tune-up, I went to take it in to a shop, and they wanted to charge for a V8 because it has 2 spark plugs per cylinder.

Guest ferg1004

I don't think this is your average garage project, some one spent a all of time on this, then it ending up in a back yard for the last five years, I have not got the chance to go and pick it up yet, to get more pics, but the body line are strait, and the inside some one as made a complete head liner. Thank you for all of your HELP!!! :D

post-5-1081916516.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you have driven an old skool Niss P/U, could you imagine driving it with another couple hundred pounds of body?! :crazy: That would be about like driving it while pulling a 25' cabin cruiser... with a 454. And a full tank of gas. :oops: I loved my old truck to death, but she was a gutless wonder for sure. Would go anywhere you wanted her, just set an alarm clock and I'll meet you... later.

Guest ferg1004

I have seen several post about doing motor and /or tranny swaps, does anyone have any ideals what the axles or transfer case can take for hp and torque, before I start tearing drivetrain parts up. This thing has been custem build this far, why not go v6 or small block sly