New Member - Questions

Guest 2000_Pathy_SE

Guest 2000_Pathy_SE

Hi All,

I'm Geoff, and I (well my dad) drive an 2000 Pathfinder SE 4x4. Recently, I've noticed that the OEM sidebars have rusted through, on both sides.

I went to the dealer, to find out (just out of curiosity) how much they would charge me for some OEM sidebars... 800 bucks CDN was the answer. With a smile I left. This leads me that my dad has to go aftermarket. One local retailer suggested Westin, but I was wondering on other retailers that may have the "tube" style bars.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a nice set of OEM looking side bars?

Thanks,

Geoff

Welcome Geoff.

I think your best bet is to try to find a used set from someone that has put Rock Sliders on their truck. Or you could get Rock Sliders, which are heavy duty side-bars that can be used as steps, but will also protect the rocker panels from impact.

Just the other day in fact, I had a guy hit my truck while it was parked outside of my apartment. Luckily he hit my sliders and did nothing to my truck, but it destroyed his car. :D

I've got a set of the stock sidebars from my 2000 SE if you decide to go that route. They're not in perfect condition, but I remember them looking alright. They've been sitting in a warehouse across town for the past 6 months, but I can get some pictures if you'd like. Shipping to Canada might be expensive. :takebow:

Just the other day in fact, I had a guy hit my truck while it was parked outside of my apartment.  Luckily he hit my sliders and did nothing to my truck, but it destroyed his car.  :D

ttiwwop.gif

Well?

I didn't take any....I was in my apartment, and I heard the alarm go off. Grabbed my trusty XD and bolted out the door. They saw me coming and took off. Probably didn't have insurance, like 50% of the jackasses on the road out here.

Guest 2000_Pathy_SE

Hey Guys,

Yeah - Rock Sliders really aren't our thing. We don't do much off-roading at this point really... and we would like to keep it lookin OEM..

Have any of you heard about the quality of the Westin bars though?

Thanks,

Geoff

Not sure about Westin quality, I'm sure they are equal or better than OE. I would be more concerned about looks; if you put chrome step bars on there I will personally come up to Canada and kill you. No smiley there.

Do you even need step bars? If I were you I would pick up another set of OEM.

I have a set off my 97 you can have?! Not sure if they'll fit or not...No rust, dings or dents. My Pathy has always been a SoCal car, so rust isn't even in our vocabulary.

Post some photos of the breackets and stuff so i can see if they'll fit.

Doens anyone know of a part cross reference manual available?

Edited by kmgar99

Guest 2000_Pathy_SE

Pezzy - I'm up in Ottawa, but I may be able to take a trip up to T.O. if you friend is selling his side bars, providing they are in good shape. I may take a couple weeks though..

Oh by the way, you guys are really awesome, really quick to answer, this is one of the best forums I've ever been on!! :clap:

Edited by 2000_Pathy_SE