03 Side Bars on a 97?

Hello Everyone.

I just recently purchased a 97 XE and am looking to add a couple things to make it look a little better and perform better too. I have the opportunity to buy 03 OEM side bars and was wondering if they would fit on a 97? I know this is the R50 platform but there were some slight changes in between years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

I tink that 99.5 and up has a different running board/bar hanger pattern. I dont see why you could not drill and thread or use self tapping stuff though. They will be the approprate length/height/width unless they interfere with the front mudflaps, which they should not. In that case remove them.

I would say they would fit, as the sliders that 4 crawler makes uses the stock mounting points and fits the older & newer pathys....

Vengeful?? you know?

They will mount. I would go with a set of rock sliderz though. They're much more durable, you can actually stand on them if you weigh more than 130lbs without breaking them, and you can use them to jack up your truck.

Oh, and they look badass. :D

They will mount. I would go with a set of rock sliderz though. They're much more durable, you can actually stand on them if you weigh more than 130lbs without breaking them, and you can use them to jack up your truck.

Oh, and they look badass. :D

Plus they cost about the same, unless you're getting huge discounts on the new OEM parts.

Thanks guys, good stuff to know. I'll look into rock sliderz. Forgive me for sounding dumb, but are rock sliderz an actual product or just reference to a type of more durable/functional step bar with many different product names?

Kevin

Both, actually. Rock Sliders are a reference to a type of product Rock Sliderz (with a z) are a set of rock sliders built by Roger Brown. Currently available, they are the best quality sliders.

However, if you wait for a little while, there will be another set of sliders to choose from. They'll rival the Roger Sliderz in quality, if not blow them out of the water like the rest of the products from this company, and be priced somewhere between the RB and Rocky Road stuff.

• 2 weeks later...