Rebuild....changing places

Pathfinder-jay

Hey guys well since I seem to be pissing off alot of people on the forums by asking questions that have been answered in the past im moving my convos to my forums so that only people that are interested will post. Not trying to be rude or anything but personally I think it would be easiests this way for I wont piss anyone off and those who i guess "tolerate" me will come and check it out.

Heres the link to the discussion:

My discussion

Thanks Guys

There's always the search button, then if you can't find anything, THEN you post a question. At least thats how its sposed to work. Just try doing some leg work on your own before asking for help and people wont get so pissy.

we have already told him about search, A MILLION TIMES, and i just dont think he understands either how to use it, or just doesnt want to use it. Frankly i didnt mind him asking questions, it was just that these were adressed in fairly recent posts. Oh well, i guess i wont miss him....sorry about all the supposed "crap" you took from "all" of us...

Moral of this whole mess.............SEARCH!!!! :eek:

Edited by sammyb33

didnt this already happen? the whole picking up and leaving thing?

i dont see how anyone has been pissy. all anyone has done is ask you to search or be reasonable. i thought it was obvious..but here is a solution. if you dont want people to tell you to search repeatedly, or get mad...THEN SEARCH. its not that hard.

and dont make me page the waaaaaaaaaaaambulance :P

Edited by DSM_guy

FUELER i have seen you use that a few other times, and yet every time i see it, i pretty much die laughing... :-D

Edited by sammyb33

sometimes i wonder what the point of an 'on-going' forum is if everytime someone asks a 'common' question they get yelled at and told to search.

come on, we were all new at this at some stage, and we all wanted to know about common stuff. most of the time thats why people come.

im an old timer at this and i HATE, HATE the search function and refuse to use it. everytime ive tried i get pages and pages of crap. as well as far as im concerned this is a common trend for most good forums which i frequent.

maybe if people would try not to be forum nazi's and instead of posting junk, post a useful link maybe we would all be a little happier.

path j your welcome here as far as im concered, just ignore the 'grumpy pants'

Well im not leaving the forums I just ment for my rebuild I will no longer ask questions here since they are always addressed in answers like WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THIS. Well I wasnt part of that thread and search button sucks you get outlines of convos but miss main contain sometimes. Either way I saw my project was being bashed/people just fussing and complaining about repition. Its all new to me guys, first car, first time on forums, first project.... I thought this was the place to go but I guess not for that... unless I have some outrageous problem no ones heard about then Ill come back. Ill still post around... just thought it wasnt a good idea to continue my project over at NPORA forum board.

See ya guys around

Jay WAVEY

sometimes i wonder what the point of an 'on-going' forum is if everytime someone asks a 'common' question they get yelled at and told to search.

come on, we were all new at this at some stage, and we all wanted to know about common stuff. most of the time thats why people come.

im an old timer at this and i HATE, HATE the search function and refuse to use it. everytime ive tried i get pages and pages of crap. as well as far as im concerned this is a common trend for most good forums which i frequent.

maybe if people would try not to be forum nazi's and instead of posting junk, post a useful link maybe we would all be a little happier.

:aok::aok: agreed

Ok, lets be adults on BOTH sides of things here... Nothing wrong with asking and nothing wrong with someone suggesting searching; then there are plenty of people who will chime in with info or ride the search band wagon. Either way, did you search ? Mute point...

I see a LOT of similiar questions. So many that I have a web folder of links specifically devoted to NPORA so when someone asks about T-bars, ECU diagnostics and whatever else I just pop in the approptiate link and go on my way. I won't even go into all the times I have done searches to find info for people. I am a volunteer... My efforts are purely in the interest of helping, therefore...

I will no longer ask questions here since they are always addressed in answers like WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THIS.

...a statement like that quite frankly OFFENDS ME !! You act like you have never received good information as a result of a query ? Sure, there are some wisenheimers, but they also have a valid point. Maybe once you respect the time and effort others take on your behalf, others will respect your desire to learn. Regardless, it all starts with you. Thanks for the credit where credit is due...

Yes sw, I agree, the search function leaves much to be desired, but with some practice it can be managable. As for forum Nazi's, no that doesn't help. Thats supposed to be the MOD's job... ;):D

Seriously though, I agree. If I don't have much to say (other than a joke) I'll likely not post at all.

B

Na na, I always say take all the knowledge in and thank those who help but on this project the large majority is just there to put in their little crack and put down the project so I moved on. Its not a big deal guys. Like I said ill still be around and I hold nothing against NPORA. Just I decided it would be best not to continue the thread on this forum for it was not doing much for me but trying to explain why im doing the project and trying to prove that my truck is worthy or my questions where good instead of focusing on my problems and project.

Anyhow thats the way it is... like I said for those who are interested they will follow the discussion and those who arent will continue doing their daily thing on the forums. Thats all...

Thanks

Jay

The problem as I see it isn't that you ask a lot of questions, or even questions that have been covered in other posts. Its that they're such general questions that no one can really answer them.

Its like asking "What's the best shocks for my Pathy?" Sounds like a solid question for the board, but really its a bit broad.

What's your budget? Are you planning on off roading or street? Is the truck lifted?

A better question would be "What's a good low budget off road shock for my Pathy?" followed by your performance needs. Better yet, do a little research on your own and if you're still undecided let loose with something like "I'm thinking about Ranchos, but what do you guys think about Pro Comps since they're on sale?" or something.

I realize you're exited about the rebuild and want everything to be perfect once you're done, but some stuff either can't really be answered here because it's a personal preference-type of thing or it would take forever due to all the the variables, like your question about where to run the wiring for your lights. Just run it tucked up out of the way, you'll be fine. That's like asking someone what color socks you should wear because it's Tuesday. Do whatever you like, run them however you want, as long as they're out of harm's way and terminate where they need to.

Although I haven't been following your rebuild posts (I figured I'd check out the recap once you're closer to done), I'd hate to see you leave with hurt feelings.

now to the real business. sw, B, very good. j, no need to pull this again. i think this kind of tantrum is what irks peeps. search, yeah it sometimes sucks but look for relevant topics, learn how to use the function better also. there is a sticky on it somewhere in here also.

whenever i look for something i read the posts in the search. if something sounds promising i open that thread in another tab. i keep doing that till i think i exhausted the search. i then look and read all of those threads. if it doesn't go anywhere then i move on to the next.. and so on.. yeah, it takes time and a lot of reading but you also learn a bunch of other stuff. sometimes i just look in my model specific forums. then sometimes i look in the others. you can look for a years worth of info. we have discussed a lot stuff here. sometimes mundane questions are asked. search is sometimes the best answer. nothing personal just best answer.

and then you get a few goofy answers. is everyone you know serious all the time? i sure hope not. :beer::D

anyway, good luck j and don't be a stranger. ask away but please look around in the forums.

I LOVE EVERYONE!!! Just an FYI!

I dont mind answering any questions at all and if it has been asked before Ill just say "SEARCH" after I answer it.

Jay..... I hope everything goes dandy with your Pathy and I will prolly be checking into your forums to see the progress.

Rami

The problem as I see it isn't that you ask a lot of questions, or even questions that have been covered in other posts. Its that they're such general questions that no one can really answer them.

Its like asking "What's the best shocks for my Pathy?" Sounds like a solid question for the board, but really its a bit broad.

What's your budget? Are you planning on off roading or street? Is the truck lifted?

A better question would be "What's a good low budget off road shock for my Pathy?" followed by your performance needs. Better yet, do a little research on your own and if you're still undecided let loose with something like "I'm thinking about Ranchos, but what do you guys think about Pro Comps since they're on sale?" or something.

:aok: Exactly. Most all of us are more than happy to answer any questions, even those that could be found by searching, cause we all know the search function is less than ideal. But it gets frustrating seeing multiple posts like "what lights should I buy" and stuff like that. Nobody can make that decision for you, and the options are endless. I think it would be more constructive to research on the net/in mags/at shops/etc. and narrow the search down to say 2 or 3 items you're seriously interested in. Then ask specifically about those, explain what you're hoping for, how they will be used, and ask if anybody has experience or any pros and cons for them. Stuff like that will help you get the answers you're looking for without the other stuff.

About the other B.S. questions you've faced regarding why you're building your Pathy in the first place, I'm with you there. Who cares why you're doing it, its your truck and you want to do it, so knock yourself out. Sure, you may be able to buy another truck for the cost, but maybe you don't want another truck. So be it, and good luck. 'nuff said. :)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

i can agree with this... the search is pretty useless unless you know the exact phrase in which post you are looking for, however that doesn't mean someone shouldn't still try that way first.

again, i agree with eveyone about the search function not being the greatest, but Jay, we all want to help you, but i think we answered all of your questions before anyone even said anything about you not searching. Please now, ask any question you have and we will answer, but remember you need to be aware of what you are asking, because we are not building your truck, it is not our truck to tell you what you want. we all have preferences, differences and what not, so we do not mean to run you from the forums, because we welcome everyone and want you here. otherwise have fun with everything, and i cannot wait till this summer when you start adding off-road mods....enjoy buddy