Where exactly is that spark plug tool located?

ntwrkguy1

I did a couple of searches, and see that Nissan put a spark plug tool into our Pathys. Is the one on my '97 Pathy located under the back seat, or in the spare tire 'well' behind the back seat?

My mechanic was losing his mind :furious: trying to get that #6 plug out, and he couldn't find the spark plug tool in the vehicle! I looked in the well, and it wasn't there. Does the back seat lift up?

Just like everyone said, the first 5 took about 2 minutes each....and then he got to #6!

I'm not exactly sure about how it is on the 97's but in my 88 the back cushins pull up and the tool bag is under there. It is possible if you aren't the original owner that a previous owner removed the tool bag...

yeah, the back seats flip up - there is a tab that you pull up right where the seat part meats the back and the seat will flip forward towards the front of the truck... to be honest - Ive never looked for mine... I would say it's there, or under the floor in the back.

so thats what that thing is...uhmmm worst comes to worse couldnt he use an extension or an extension with a u joint...but i've never had problems changing plugs on both of my vg30s...i donno how diff that is tho but being a mechanic i think he should be able to get it