R50 snorkel!

OzMattie

Hey guys,

Been doing some research, How bad does everyone want a snorkel for their R50.

$50 and i'll tell you!!!!(just kidding)

Turns out that you can use a snorkel from a 2003 3ltr T/D Navara( not sure if thats what you call them in the states).

you have to move the radio ariel but check the pic out and you will see that it is worth it.

Requires some plumbing under the guard as well..

What brand snorkel is that?

Ive seen pics of someone who put the ARB from the Navarra (which is a frontier here, and they use the same one on the Xterras) on a pathy... the fit wasnt perfect on the fender, but it (supposably) did the trick.

I am waiting for a certain someone with an R50 and an ARB for a Navarra to get his smit together so I can see how his install goes...

Pezzy, how did i guess that you would be the first to reply? :D The brand is TJM.

The ARB one looks crap fitted.

The info i am getting is off an Aussie Pathfinders site.

I hope i dont get in trouble for cross promoting. but the link is:

http://www.pcoa.org.au/forumtemp/viewtopic.php?t=15

hmm... I was told the TJM wouldnt work... heh... nice... then again my TJM bumper wasnt supposed to work either...

*rubs hands together*

evillaugh.gif

I'd love to see install pics if you have any...

why would you have to remove the radio antennae (aerial) when it is on the other fender? Or do you mean something else?

Pezzy do you live on-line? :rolleyes:

m.

on that there side of the world they drive on the other side of the road... and a few things are the opposite on their trucks... we wouldnt have to worry about that.

Yes, yes I do. Beats reality some days! :D

on that there side of the world they drive on the other side of the road... and a few things are the opposite on their trucks... we wouldnt have to worry about that.

Yes, yes I do. Beats reality some days! :D

But the picture shows the aerial on the right hand side, opposite the snorkel. :shrug:

Reality sucks some times. Check out my new wheels recently? :P

But the picture shows the aerial on the right hand side, opposite the snorkel.

Trainman, the one in the pic has had the arieal already moved. In Australia the arieal is on the left hand fender (just to make things difficult)

The car in the pic is an ex police car and already had a hole there so wasn't a big deal.

But the picture shows the aerial on the right hand side, opposite the snorkel.

Trainman, the one in the pic has had the arieal already moved. In Australia the arieal is on the left hand fender (just to make things difficult)

The car in the pic is an ex police car and already had a hole there so wasn't a big deal.

Well, duh on me P... -alcohol- :X

Well, duh on me  P...  -alcohol-  :X

Again, you need to stop chasing imaginary trains and letting the Canadian outback air get to your head...

Get you sheet together, man!! :lol:

Edited by navygz19

• 1 month later...

Found some more pics, this is the navara petrol snorkel on a pathy looks sweet on the guard but not sure about the dog leg.

Getting a snorkel next week due to one of my mates going through a bog hole and ending up with a $4500 repair bill. due to bent rods, cracked pistons and some other internal damage.

Edited by OzMattie