ARB Sahara Bar 02/99 on. will it fit earlier R50?

OzMattie

G'day guys,

Got the ARB Catalogue the other day and reading though it I found that the make a Sahara bull Bar for the 99.5 on.

Now i know that the front changed from 99.5 on in the R50, the question is how much and do you guys think that it will fit on a 96 pathy.

I know Pezzy put an earlier model TJM bar on her 99.5 but having a look at the pics it seems to have a decent gap between the top of the bar and bottom of the grill.

Anyhow your input would be appreciated.

Edited by OzMattie

G'day guys,

Got the ARB Catalogue the other day and reading though it I found that the make a Sahara bull Bar for the 99.5 on.

Now i know that the front changed from 99.5 on in the R50, the question is how much and do you guys think that it will fit on a 96 pathy.

I know Pezzy put an earlier model TJM bar on her 99.5 but having a look at the pics it seems to have a decent gap between the top of the bar and bottom of the grill.

Anyhow your input would be appreciated.

Maybe it's just me but the earlier R50's seems to be skinnier in the front area...later ones stopped their diet and put on some weight. :confused: Again, it could just be me... :confused:

That could answer further your question about the gap in Pezzy's bar.

Edited by navygz19

Hey there... the difference I found between my 99.5 and the 99 and older, when it comes to the bumper was how the grill and that sticks out. Mine sticks out further than the older ones, and thus, it covers more of the bumper...

You might end up with a gap between the top of the bumper and your grille.

As for mounting, in my case there were no issues on how they mounting points lined up. I cant recall where I read it, but I know someone else looked into this and was told it wouldnt work. Although that was what I was told too.

• 1 month later...

Pezzy.,

Where did you get your front bumper, and how much? I think those bumpers look hot... Though about a Grille Guard., But would rather do that bumber with that bull bar in the front.

Please do share.

That is a TJM T-15. She sniped me on eBay for it. They have been discontinued for longer than 3 years, and there are none left. Your only chance is to find someone selling one (I've only seen one in 3 years)...or wait for a little while for the BlackPanthers...

I love you too Dan.

;)

rmd, like vengeful said, you either have to be very lucky to come across one, build one, get the ARB, or wait for BlackPanther...

The ARB doesn't have turn signal indicaters, so if you want them, you will have to figure something out for your 96-99.

I think I remember somebody wiring their 96-99 corner lamps to act as turn signals...shouldn't be THAT hard anyways...

• 3 weeks later...