Green Liquid?

fsuball13

If it's coming from the belts check the water pump. My Nissan Hardbody water pump went out and that is exactly what it looked like when I walked outside to go to work. Replaced it that afternoon and the darn thing was stolen that night.

Oh well got the Pathy now.

Cheers :beer:

be sure to cheak your hoses. twice i had found antifreeze all on the inside of my engine compartment, couldnt figure out where it was comming from. i deside to check it out and got a shot to the face with antifreeze. it had a hole on the side of the hose. sneaky little thing it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup mine did the same thing

i also found out my local repair shop ripped me off!

during the time when they put in my new water pump they stabbed two holes in my radiator and tried to cover it up by addind a bunch of that crappy radiator stop leak

now i have a nice steal and brass radiator in there at their cost hehehe

compared to the original plastic and aluminum one.

Question: how do you replace the thermostat???

anyone have problems with blowing oil seals/gaskets after installing a water pump?

Question: how do you replace the thermostat???

anyone have problems with blowing oil seals/gaskets after installing a water pump?

The thermostat is located in the front center of the engine, between the upper and lower timing covers. The lower radiator hose connects to a pipe that connects to a short rubber spacer that connects to the thermostat housing. It's a PITA to get to.

Blowing seals? Nope. I installed a new WP about a year ago on mine, not a single problem. Seals leaking are usually a sign of neglect, abuse or old seals and gaskets.

The cam seals etc are recommended simply because you're gonna be in there anyway. It's a PITA to get at them so it's a good idea to do preventive maintenance on the cheap parts and reduce the labor involved if, for some reason, they decide to fail.