Looking for feed back/info!

Entropy98

:help: I am going to be getting the AC lift here soon, and have a few questions so that I only have to order once.

1. I would like to know why I would want to buy the Rancho RS9000x shocks over the RS5000 shocks. Are they that much better for wheeling.

Also can I buy them locally and save on shipping?

I don't tow that much if at all.

2. Is the camber alignment kit necessary for allignment?

3. If I were to get bump stops what height should I get? Or should I just get the Coil Spring Rebound Bumpers?

4. With the manual locking hubs does it matter if I get the warn manual, of the mile marker?

Thanks for the info in advance, :aok:

Tyler

are the 9000s adjustable via the switch in the cab or does one have to roll under the truck and flip the little switches?

either, you can buy an in cab controler, if you aint got that then you gotta do it at the shock

:help: I am going to be getting the AC lift here soon, and have a few questions so that I only have to order once.

1. I would like to know why I would want to buy the Rancho RS9000x shocks over the RS5000 shocks. Are they that much better for wheeling.

2. Is the camber alignment kit necessary for allignment?

3. If I were to get bump stops what height should I get? Or should I just get the Coil Spring Rebound Bumpers?

4. With the manual locking hubs does it matter if I get the warn manual, of the mile marker?

1. Already answered. I think the RS9000x is better for wheeling, because it affords you the option of adjusting the shock. I do NOT recommend getting the in-cab controller, because it is known to cause leaks in the shock, which lead to premature failure.

2. Absolutely, definitely, most certainly, YES. You need two sets, one for each side. Without it, you will NEVER get your alignment anywhere near spec. Your camber will be appoximately +2.5° and it will eat your tires in no time flat.

3. I just reused the factory bumpstops. There is no reason to change those.

4. Yes, it certainly does matter! Warns are high-quality, fully tested ISO9001/2000 compliant products. The Mile Markers are not. You decide if the extra cost is worth it. One broken MM hub and you'll be wishing you bought the warns though!

I've been through this before, so if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

1. Already answered. I think the RS9000x is better for wheeling, because it affords you the option of adjusting the shock. I do NOT recommend getting the in-cab controller, because it is known to cause leaks in the shock, which lead to premature failure.

2. Absolutely, definitely, most certainly, YES. You need two sets, one for each side. Without it, you will NEVER get your alignment anywhere near spec. Your camber will be appoximately +2.5° and it will eat your tires in no time flat.

3. I just reused the factory bumpstops. There is no reason to change those.

4. Yes, it certainly does matter! Warns are high-quality, fully tested ISO9001/2000 compliant products. The Mile Markers are not. You decide if the extra cost is worth it. One broken MM hub and you'll be wishing you bought the warns though!

I've been through this before, so if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

good job oh master of the UNIbody