Rim width of the stock 16 alloy wheels?

Trainman

Does anyone know the rim width of the stock 16 alloy wheels on the 02 Pathfinders?

I need to know if a LT215/85R16 series tire (Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO) will fit the rim (stock was P245/70R16) with out dis-mounting a tire to measure the rim. The Bridgestone tire specs say that a rim width of 5.5-7.0" is required but I am concerned the rim may be 7.5”.

I can not see any markings stamped on the rim except for this: JDOT

Thanks. :bow:

Does anyone know the rim width of the stock 16 alloy wheels on the 02 Pathfinders?

I need to know if a LT215/85R16 series tire (Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO) will fit the rim (stock was P245/70R16) with out dis-mounting a tire to measure the rim. The Bridgestone tire specs say that a rim width of 5.5-7.0" is required but I am concerned the rim may be 7.5”.

I can not see any markings stamped on the rim except for this: JDOT

Thanks. :bow:

That's interesting because I was JUST wondering If that same exact tire would fit MY rim as well. I'm also interested in those tires. Funny thing is that my stockers were/are 255-65/16's.

Let me know what you come up with.

Or I could just follow this thread...that'd be just as good. :aok:

I have 225/75 /16's on mine and I wish I had purchased 31's and a new set of rims. The 225/75 are a little taller then stock but alot skinner. They kind of look funny but I have to wear these out before I get some 31's. I don't know how 225/75 compare to 215/85 but this is just my 2 cents.

It's a 7" rim.

Go with a 255 or a 265, nothing else. It will look ridiculous.

EDIT: I can see a 245/75 in your future. I understand that you have a lot of snow where you are, but are you sure that a good AT or MT 245/75 wouldn't be a good choice? A 215/85 would work fine, Land Rovers run that size with 7" rims, but just curious as to what you want with this size.

Edited by OR99.5Speed

:bow: Thanks everyone, just what I needed to know.

It's a 7" rim.

Go with a 255 or a 265, nothing else.  It will look ridiculous.

EDIT:  I can see a 245/75 in your future.  I understand that you have a lot of snow where you are, but are you sure that a good AT or MT 245/75 wouldn't be a good choice?  A 215/85 would work fine, Land Rovers run that size with 7" rims, but just curious as to what you want with this size.

I am currently running LT245/75R16. The 215/85R16 retains the height of the 245/75 but has a tread that is 1.2" narrower.

265's are 1.1" bigger diameter than the 245's, so I know they will not fit:

Picture shows the clearance I have with the 245's

TireClearence1.jpg

Talking with the guys around here, narrow is better for the combination of snow, mud (not so much) and gravel we drive on, so that is my rational.

If the 215's are too narrow, I will stick with the 245's. I am still debating what would be best for what I have to drive in. Looks are not a factor (I am putting bright blue skid plates on for goodness sakes :o )

Regardless, they will be REVO's. :aok:

Talking with the guys around here, narrow is better for the combination of snow, mud (not so much) and gravel we drive on, so that is my rational.

Exactly...nothing like putting the center of gravity in as narrow of an area as possible to dig into mud/gravel/snow. :aok:

Except that the narrower your footprint, the smaller your contact patch is, and the less surface area you have contacting the ground. This decreased surface area means less traction. (Exception: snow where you want to dig through the snow to the pavement/ground.)

I'd suggest that you stick with the 245s, or even go with a 255 for normal driving, and pick up a second set of designated snow tires in a 215.