VG30E Performance Rebuild Info Here

Eli

I had my VG30E rebuilt last year (finished in November) including:

• 0.020 overbore with full balancing

• DPR Racing headwork including ported and polished exhaust and intake and stainless steel swirl polished valves

• port-matched throttle body, intake plenum, intake manifold, and head intake ports.

• Nismo Isky 256 deg camshafts

• Accel 8mm plug wires

Plus the stuff I already had:

• cone intake filter

• Doug Thorley headers

• 2-1/2" custom stainless exhaust w/ Power Tone muffler and

• JWT computer

...that's about as good as she gets with normal aspiration without lots of custom parts! Well, I guess I could switch to an electric fan :-)

Sorry, no dyno information...yet

Ohh where'd you get that bitchin billet grill?

Grill is from JBM Sport Trucking Accessories (www.sporttrucking.com). Need to switch headlights and headlight mounts to make it work.

Path-Billet-Grill.jpg

That thing must haul arse. I think I saw your post on nissanoffroad too, cost something like $13,000?!

Yeah, I thought I'd spread the love over here, too ;-) I was expecting $8000, but once I was neck deep, I found out the truth...

Yeah, I thought I'd spread the love over here, too ;-) I was expecting $8000, but once I was neck deep, I found out the truth...

DAYUM! And I'm pissed about having to spend $280 to get my AT serviced! :o

:o ooooh me likey. not so much for the shiney stuff.. but that sure is one puuuuuuurty pathy.... and those tires n rims.. *hearts* :bow:

vroom vroom

And I'm not done. I still have the high flow cats, new O2 sensors, stereo, lift kit, calmini steering kit, rims and tires, weather stripping, chip and possibly another set of new cams if I can use the ones I purchased due to damage.

$15K? That's nothing, talk to me when you approach $20K for what still isn't a very highly modded truck. That's a sweet Pathy, but the way, same color as mine so you know I like it. Did you have a hand in that tube bumper, or have it made? Doesn't look like your typical aftermarket toy. Good job, nice truck. :aok:

:o ooooh me likey. not so much for the shiney stuff.. but that sure is one puuuuuuurty pathy.... and those tires n rims.. *hearts* :bow:

vroom vroom

Tires: BFG Baja T/A 31x10.50R15 (Speed rated T=sustained 118 mph ;-) + siping @ Discount Tire

Wheels: Ugly ass polished aluminum American Racing 15x7 Type 160 Atlas powdercoated black at Art Brass Plating in Seattle

Total cost: $2500

Oh what fun :-)

$15K? That's nothing, talk to me when you approach $20K for what still isn't a very highly modded truck. That's a sweet Pathy, but the way, same color as mine so you know I like it. Did you have a hand in that tube bumper, or have it made? Doesn't look like your typical aftermarket toy. Good job, nice truck. :aok:

I'm not gonna get crazy and bust out the budget numbers, but needless to say, it can be embarassing to the uninitiated.

Bumper: Smittybuilt with the overbar removed, downbars to tow hook mounting points added, and colormatched to body.

Other mods: Dual Optimas under the vehicle, 130-amp alternator, custom 2" Sway-A-Way shocks on one-off Donahoe Racing shock hoops, complete Energry Suspension front bushings, complete custom front clip, rear pumpkin skidplate, Shrockworks sliders, Recaro front seats, Momo steering wheel, custom Alpine & MB Quart stereo with DVD and navigation and on and on and on...

Total $$$ spent over 16 years of ownership = 1 nice condo in Dallas, TX :-)

Eli,

Could you give us a break down on parts and suppliers for your motor work....

Im about to pull a slipped timing belt motor and slip in a used JDM...

This will leave me with core to play with and need some good ideas from someone thats already had some fun....(VG30DE hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Eli,

This will leave me with core to play with and need some good ideas from someone thats already had some fun....(VG30DE hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

-bounce- yeah.. what he ^^ said -bounce-

Eli,

All the headwork, portmatching and throttle body work was done through DPR Racing (http://www.dprracing.com/), although they farm out the throttle body to RC Engineering with no markup.

I found the Nismo Isky cams at Courtesy Nissan in TX, (http://www.courtesyparts.com) or specifically (http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=99996-V256H&Category_Code=z31_nismo_camshaft)

Plug wires, computer and headers from Automotive Customizers (http://www.4x4parts.com)

Rebuild was local here in the Seattle, WA area (Fife to be exact) but I wouldn't recommend the place...lots of extra machine work to do after they finished

weird.....a guy named Eli with a champagne 4 door that needed a motor.

I'm a guy named eli with a champagne 4 door that needs a motor.

Agreed....that's weird! LOL

Nice ride!  Not sure I like the grill but    :clap:  &  :bow:  @ your motor work!

Here's the last grill...

Path_Front_Lights.jpg

it's not made anymore, but this was my look for the 90's...chrome is back in fashion, and my colormatched AIM Euro Grill was damaged a few years ago, thus the new look, courtesy of Allstate :-)