Newbie from Southern Ohio/Northern Kentucky area

MellowCat

Hello all. I've been lurking around here for awhile, thought I'd might as well join in with the fun.

I'm on my 3rd Pathfinder now! 1st one was a 91' SE 4 door. Nice truck, no idea why we traded it in. Next one was a 97' XE Sport. We drove the wheels off that one. 100K in 3 years. Several trips in bad weather. Some light 4 wheeling and lots of fun in the snow. Traded it in on a 1999 Land Cruiser which we will keep for ever. I got my 2001 SE last year. It's been off road some, but not as much as I would like. The trails near us are jeeper havens with lots of crawling type stuff. I need to find more SUV friendly stuff and have some fun.

MC

welcome neighbor.. cincy? newport?

where are these trails you speak of? there has to be some good areas along the river, no? just poke around some..

check out http://www.midwestxterraowners.com quite a few pathys there now too.. basically run per month.. Haspin Acres isn't too far away if you're near the two towns i mentioned above.

Hey,

The trails I'm talking about are in Slade Kentucky right by Natural bridge and Red River Gorge. I've mountain biked these trails several times. I don't think most SUV owners would want to try these trails! Lots of exposure and several deep mud bogs and rock formations. I'm looking for something alittle more civil to learn on. I've been to Haspin Acres a few times on motorcycles. The Badlands in Indiana looks like a great area to start out at.

Oh, I'm in Cincinnati.

MC

slade, i see.. yeah, not stock or nearly stock from what i hear. never been there or the area. have been to harlan though. if you have the time go down there, it's awesome. it's called black mountain orv. lot's of every level of wheeling available. free! :)

mxo will probably have a run at haspin in the fall.

I've actually driven some of slade in a bone stock 4Runner. The "Waterfall" as its called would be a major undertaking for a stock/near stock truck. I know stock jeeps can do it with much guidance. Much of the trail would be doable, I've seen a stock S-10 truck and new tahoe on the trail before so I'm sure a pathy could do it too. Here's the waterfall from one of my Mountain bike outings:

post-19-1140667445.jpg