Calmini SAS avaliable!

SteeevO

I've heard that conversation and you don't know what happened before that. The guy who tapes the conversion just happened to have a tape recorder handy? He probably harrassed the guy on the other end and when he decides to record it he makes himself sound like he is a perfect angel.

Reminds me of Michael Moore. All that guy wants to sound intelligent but really wants to put other people down to make himself feel better.

or maybe he knew what to expect, from all the reading ive been doing bout calmini its seems thats the case

Nice quote under the avatar Justina

I think, atm, it's kinda a crapshoot with Calmini. I applaud them for being ballsy enough to produce an sas kit for our trucks when most of us are pretty broke and aren't promising huge sales numbers to them.

I also remember reading somewhere (NOR?) that Calmini hired this David guy to help with their CS issues. They know they've sucked it up in the past, and I think it's awesome that they're doing something about it.

I also don't think the MC kit can be compared to the Calmini kit. While I'd shoot for the price and quality of the MC parts if I were building a Nissan kit, I also know that those Yoter kits have been subsidized by other customers, as they've been on the market for quite awhile now.

By no means am I saying Calmini is an excellent vendor. I haven't heard of one of their steering kits that hasn't needed modded to either fix the bushings or the squeaking, and they advertise stuff they don't sell (rear bumper for the HBs, interior rollcage, etc). I'm just saying that they're looking up, and if they're willing to R&D their SAS kit and tcase gears etc, and they're of good quality as they seem to be, I'll be willing to buy them as soon as I scrape up the dough.

That said, I'm almost willing to bet money that the rig they mention for moab this year is the 2dr pathy with either coils or coilovers up front B)

and Greg... have u broken anything from calmini?

maybe they take a long time to bring products out but i think they put out excellent products.

Nope, not personally, but have seen the good and bad of their products on other peoples rigs, and there weren't many goods.

One thing that looks scarey in their D21 SAS parts list are the shackles.

They come with a jig to drill through the frame in the right position... looks like a nice set of bushings, the shackles look like thicker material than what's used my 3/4 ton truck. Hmm, guess we will find out how they work, cause there is going to be a few people using them.

welp i have orered from them twice and have talked to them about when prodicts wre going to be ready to ship to me.. hey even held my steering system an extra couple of days when there were other people on the waiting list. i got the kit in 2 days after being charged and as for the e-mails i have e-mailed them twice and both times had responses in my e-mail the next morning

i have had no problems.. and as for the UCA bushings... put that grease on them...thats what they give it to you for.. it's extremely thick and sticky but it works!!.. i have had ZERO problems

yeah, i listened to that, I've been on the other end of the phone, i worked in the front office of my dads car repair shop for years and its very clear to me that this guy did something to piss "steve" off, If anything it makes me like calamini more, it just shows that he's not gonna lay down and take crap from people, anyways, I can't seem to find the actual kit on the website, could someone help me out, where are you guys getting these prices from??

• 1 month later...
do you know the guy who called Calmini, is he a good and true guy?

There is a rather long thread in the zuki forums on pirate I belive with this guy bashing the poeple at Calmini. He thinks they stole his idea on pinions or something. A real wack job, one of those people who might come into your work who you want to shoot in the face with a nail gun.

has anybody ever gotten shocks from em?

Ya , I got all 4 shocks from them when I purchased thier complete lift kit. They are comparable to Rancho 5000's, or at least thats what Ive been told (88 I belive?) No problems in the first 1000 miles.